Original Post
... Just got Visual C .NET and it seems to be having a fit over the isalpha, isdigit type functions. Everytime any of them are called it gives me an assert in isctype.h of this :
/***
* __chvalidator
*
* Purpose:
* This function is called by character testing functions in debug
* versions. This function test for validation of c as character.
* For improvement in performance, it is not used in non-debug
* version. It is available in the static single-thread non-debug
* build, though, just in case C code that includes ctype.h is compiled
* /D_DEBUG /ML.
*
*******************************************************************************/
From what I gather its all about multi-byte character support. I''m actually really annoyed by this cos my scripting language parser and compiler aren''t able to run in debug anymore even though there is no actual problem with the code.
Does anyone have any info (ie, how to get rid of it without changing reams of code), I''m hoping there is some sort of flag floating about somewhere which I have failed to locate yet. If not, I may be back to VC6 by tommorrow