Looking for a good C Syntax Webpage

Started by
5 comments, last by Radagar 21 years, 7 months ago
Hello all, I don''t currently have any Reference books for C that describe syntax. I would LOVE to have a good webpage where I could just put in the function I needed help on and it pops right up. I know that MSDN is going to be the obvious answer, but it takes me FOREVER to find ANY information there =) Can someone give me a link or two to some good (complete) C Syntax reference Webpages? Alternatively, Can someone try to explain how best to find info on MSDN =) Thanks all! ~~~~~~~~~~~ Chris Vogel ~~~~~~~~~~~
WyrmSlayer RPG - In Early Development
Advertisement
In my experience, google works as a better search engine for the MSDN stuff than MSDN does itself. Type the name of the function you're interested in and then site:msdn.microsoft.com or what have you to limit the search to a specific site.

By Syntax do you mean like lexx/yac grammars and the like? That can be found with a little bit of elbow grease. Also check the C faq @ eskimo.com and don't forget to poke around a lysator too.

// edit:
Here are a couple of urls that might help too

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/crthm.asp
or this
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/library/en-us/vclib/html/vcrefRunTimeLibraryReference.asp

[edited by - lessbread on September 11, 2002 2:39:03 PM]
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
quote:Original post by LessBread
In my experience, google works as a better search engine for the MSDN stuff than MSDN does itself. Type the name of the function you''re interested in and then site:msdn.microsoft.com or what have you to limit the search to a specific site.

By Syntax do you mean like lexx/yac grammars and the like? That can be found with a little bit of elbow grease. Also check the C faq @ eskimo.com and don''t forget to poke around a lysator too.

not sure what lexx/yac grammers or lysator are, but Thanks for the google suggestion.

By syntax I basically meant how to use the function, and what parameters to pass it. I would prefer a small program or snippit showing the function in action as well.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chris Vogel
~~~~~~~~~~~
WyrmSlayer RPG - In Early Development
Ok. Well, if you don''t know what lex/yac grammars are, you probably don''t need to know yet. Between google and those two MSDN links you should be good to go.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
http://www.math.grin.edu/~stone/courses/languages/C-syntax.xhtml
try this www.cppreference.com it has listings of the c and c++
library functions
Maybe someone else already gave ya this link...Didn''t bother to read the other posts ...neway, here it is:

www.cplusplus.com

Real programmers don''''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

Real programmers don''t document, if it was hard to write it should be hard to understand

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement