Some help on books

Started by
2 comments, last by Quartermain 21 years, 7 months ago
Hi there. I have 2 books on programming, one is learn C++ in 21 days, the other is tricks of the windows game programming gurus. Now i have not read any of the books yet as i have only just started to program. My question is this, what book would you recommend first to learn to progarm which will help me to go onto game programming, is my C++ book i have be good to learn first, or is there better C++ books to learn and then go onto something like the tricks of the windows game programming gurus. Thanks
Advertisement
There is no one definitive C++ book for everyone. Just read the one you got, learn it inside and out, and then move on to the Tricks on the Windows Game Programming Gurus book you''ve got
laziness is the foundation of efficiency | www.AdrianWalker.info | Adventures in Game Production | @zer0wolf - Twitter
I have a C++ in 24 hours book, and the newest Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Guru''s. I recommenc going through your C++ book first, then moving on to the game book, using the C++ book as a reference. That way you''ll understand what you are doing in the Windows API, and DirectX API.
Seaman RecruitJustin N. HighUSN
Great.

Ok thanks for your help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement