Windows programming

Started by
1 comment, last by SteveBe 21 years, 7 months ago
Guys, I recently started with my Tricks of the Windows Game........etc Now, I''m perfectly understanding the DirectX element of the book but to be honest I''m not getting the windows programming stuff. I find it hard. I''ve tried reading it over and over but there are some things that I want to know which aren''t explained. So, I want to get a good, thorough book which deals with Windows programming FROM SCRATCH. I am keen on Herbert Schildt''s books (I know some of you aren''t) but he''s only done a Win 95 programming book. So, can anyone recommend a GOOD windows programming book (I''''m using Win98) which has lots of exercises in it together with good plain english explanation? I really want to work on windows stuff first, just for my own understanding.
Advertisement
Charles Petzold "Programming Windows". I have Schildt''s Win95 book. It''s ok. Petzold is better.
"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Yep, I''d second that. Petzold is *the* Windows programming text. Very good book - accessible, but still gives plenty of pertinent detail.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement