how did vector cross product com come to b

Started by
11 comments, last by boomji 21 years, 7 months ago

hey dudes,
dave:thanks. that made a very faint click in my head but i know it did...i''ll take this page over to a friend and he''ll elaborate further...thats the pity the guys i know are very good at their math but they cant relate it to anything remotely gaming...they dont know what theyr''e missing

cedric:/// No. A normal is simply a vector perpendicular to the surface at that point. Normalized normals are usually quite useful because they can give you the distance from any point to the surface without a square root division. ///
ah ha !!! at leat i knew that so i am learning

johnb:yes yes, thats more like what i''m after...so it wasent even descartes hmmm... i have stood and looked over the shoulders of giants...thanks.

dahear:thanks again...
thank you every one...besides i''m going to take the gamemathematics course from gameinstitute...i just have to do this... cum what mayyy.
b

remember what you see to see what you rememberb
Advertisement
quote:Original post by boomji

cedric:/// No. A normal is simply a vector perpendicular to the surface at that point. Normalized normals are usually quite useful because they can give you the distance from any point to the surface without a square root division. ///
ah ha !!! at leat i knew that so i am learning

a vector cannot have a position however it may represent one...

____________________________________MSN | AIM | YIM | ICQ
quote:Original post by daher
a vector cannot have a position however it may represent one...

Actually, to be picky, a vector represents a displacement in a given linear space, so that position is given as a displacement relative to a reference coordinate in a Cartesian basis!

Cheers,

Timkin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement