open GL Vs DirectX

Started by
4 comments, last by cryptic 21 years, 5 months ago
vip vip , i wana know whats better to use and why .whats easyer to learn and what has the most resorces for new developers.
Advertisement
Hi!
There''s an article here on GameDev covering that issue.
And btw did you take a look at the beginner''s forum faq?
baumep
Have a look at the article section. There is an article OpenGl vs Directx that will answer all your questions.

And it's mostly a choice of your own. Just choos the with the code you appreciate...

And if you want to become serious, learn them both

baumep, that's wat I wanted to say :D

[edited by - Scheermesje on November 21, 2002 6:44:27 AM]
Done...

to....

DEATH....

------------------------------------------------------------
Yes. it''''s true, I DO wield the ugly stick. And I see I have beaten you with it before!
------------------------------------------------------------Yes. it''s true, I DO wield the ugly stick. And I see I have beaten you with it before!
OK first up I''m also only a beginner, (sort of).
DX and OpenGl aren''t major different, and after learning one, you gonna pick up the other very quicly.
I got advised that OpenGl was easier to learn initially.
What I also see is that DirectX seems to be in slightly higher demand than OpenGl.

So according to me, learn OpenGL and as soon as you are done study DirectX as well. You should know both !
Read the article baumep pointed out. Posting this question in the forums will only lead to confusion as people will tell you their personal opinions, which in many cases (especially when it comes to "easy to learn") will be totally different. Read the article, take a shot at making a spinning cube in both, and decide which one is best for *you*.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement