Need help coming up with a project skeleton

Started by
22 comments, last by Scorponok 24 years ago
Thanks for the new post. This is interesting stuff. I think that is some of my problem is that I don''t have a good naming convention.

I have tried writing stuff out on paper and had a plan for what i want to program. Like i said earlier, I cant come up with good classes or structure and the functions and varibles I need. If I could just get a basic frame going I am sure I can fill the rest in with little problems.

Advertisement
Cessen, I do code the way you do all the time . I tried and failed so many times I can''t even count that high. Now when i code, I have no problem at all making good code on the fly. I will most certainly "plan" out what I do in a proffesional envirnment non the less.

Scorponok, did you get Wasted Space to compile yet? You only need "opengl32.lib" and "dsound.lib". I used Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 to compile the source code. If you have to, delete the .lib''s in the "Resource Files" folder in the "File View" tool box and then create a new shortcut to your lib files.
i FIGURED IT OUT AND GOT WORKING, THANKS. The game is simple to play and I am working on figuring the source code. I also have VC++ 6.0. I like how u left the project file. It helps reading the code.

I''m glad I could help a fellow game programmer .

Focus on the "game.cpp" and "main.cpp", this is where everything is processed.

If anybody has been programming games for a while, it would be great if you could grade my source code for Wasted Space. Maybe point out "no no''s" and such. You guys are kinda the first living creatures to view my source. Books are my teachers...now I''ve adopted you guys :D.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement