Cofused...

Started by
1 comment, last by dist0rt 21 years, 5 months ago
I have a little knowledge of c and c++ (as well as pascal) but I''m not sure which way to go. I dont know wether to go through the whole c++ book I have (I''m about half way through) or to just start leaning more toward''s game programming?? do I need to know everything about c++ or what? I''m only doing it as a hobby but I''m going to uni next year to do a computer visualisation course (graphics programming etc etc) any clues? thanks
Advertisement
Almost all games are writen in C++, so it would probably be best to keep learning C++.

--------------------------------------
I am the master of stories.....
If only I could just write them down...
I am the master of ideas.....If only I could write them down...
Myself, I have a hard time sticking to the lessons and examples in the books...I usually prefer to learn things by tinkering and figuring them out on my own, with the aid of some references to books/MSDN, etc.

When I really started trying to program in C++ (QBasic programmer for years, blech! =D ), I started by making Poison Penny style games, tic-tac-toe...etc. Really simple stuff all done in console mode with printf and all that. Then I tried a text only MUD style RPG and so on. Really simple games. I found that this made learning the language much more fun, plus I had something cool to show for it.

So my suggestion would be to learn the basic syntax, strings, pointers, structs and then go nuts.

Then, one and two, and then in combinations like the fists of a good fast heavyweight, the hallucinogens hit.
-Spinrad
------------------------------------------Then, one and two, and then in combinations like the fists of a good fast heavyweight, the hallucinogens hit. -Spinrad

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement