patterns

Started by
11 comments, last by pap 23 years, 11 months ago
Does anybody knows a good tutorial in patterns, I already have Andre''s books and also searched Gdev and nothing, if someone could point me to one, please; also a little code would be apreciate. thanks in advance: pap
Advertisement
Patterns!? like the kind you put on quilts? =)
quote:Original post by pap

Does anybody knows a good tutorial in patterns, I already have Andre''s books and also searched Gdev and nothing, if someone could point me to one, please; also a little code would be apreciate.

thanks in advance:

pap

I would be interested as well if anyone had some thoughts on the subject.

"If you build it, it will crash."
nahhh, surely he means Design Patterns, you know the kind ma and grandma used out of sundays paper to sew new clothing outfits!

'In Nature's infinite book of secrecy, a little I can read'
Do you mean pattern matching?
That''s about the only pattern related AI thing I can think of. Although that is a fair amount of AI and covers neural networks, expert systems and basically any adaptive methodology.

Mike
Very funny and amusing, but since no1 seems to know.......
Actually we just need to know a bit more about what you''re looking for.. what kinds of patterns? If you told us what you were trying to do, we might be able to help you a bit better

Good luck,
Adam
adamm@san.rr.com
I think he means patterns has paths predefined and actions predefined to make some kind of AI

----  /    \  /     \  /      \  A       B 

this is pattern that makes somthing go from A to B followinf tha tpath

i thbink that is what pap meant
It's good to be an outcast, you don't need to explain what you do, you just do it and say you don't belong there.
I suppose that you want simple patterns to move your objects as Akura said.
I think that the example that André give is a good one.
You could create some instructions to move in a direction such as:
N - Move North
NE - Move NorthEast
E - Move East
SE - Move SouthEast

And then you could create an instruction with the command and the number of cycles to execute.
For example:
___
/
/___

E 30
S 25
E 30

Look in the code of André to see the complete implementation of this.

Of course you can use patterns to a lot of things.
If this isn''t what you want then you should be more specific about what kind of thing you want to do.

First of all sorry about that, I''ve should be more especific. Well the thing is that I want to know how to create the patterns on the fly and also how to implemt them so they can mimic the players action.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement