Porting Mirko's Ravers Nature for ATi

Started by
85 comments, last by vincoof 21 years, 1 month ago
Not sure it wil resolve the problem, but the service pack is very efficient. Alot of bugs disappeared since I installed it.

As for the driver, I have found over the web a recent one for Win2000, but not sure it is certified. It could even be a beta.
Anyway for WinXP I use an old driver which works fine with Radeon9700. Not sure if the same version for Radeon8500 is good too.
Advertisement
I installed SP1 and the newest drivers, ran the demo, it froze during the first scene. After rebooting, windows reported that "a drawing operation could not be completed", and pointed to this file:

//// Watchdog Event Log File//LogType: WatchdogCreated: 2003-03-13 21:03:40TimeZone: -60 - Vest-Europa (normaltid)WindowsVersion: XPEventType: 0xEA - Thread Stuck in Device Driver//// The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop. This// usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device// driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Please check with your// display device vendor for any driver updates.//ShutdownCount: 153Shutdown: 0EventCount: 12BreakCount: 12BugcheckTriggered: 1DebuggerNotPresent: 1DriverName: ati2dvagEaRecovery: 1EventFlag: 1DeviceClass: DisplayDeviceDescription: RADEON 8500 SERIESHardwareID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_514C&SUBSYS_013A1002&REV_00Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.DriverFixedFileInfo: FEEF04BD 00010000 0006000E 00011894 0006000E 00011894 0000003F 00000008 00040004 00000003 00000004 00000000 00000000DriverCompanyName: ATI Technologies Inc.DriverFileDescription: ATI Radeon WindowsNT Display DriverDriverFileVersion: 6.14.01.6292DriverInternalName: ati2dvag.dllDriverLegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 1998-2002 ATI Technologies Inc.DriverOriginalFilename: ati2dvag.dllDriverProductName: ATI Radeon FamilyDriverProductVersion: 5.1.2600.0  

I think it''s a driver bug. "Thread stuck in device driver" doesn''t look good...

btw. _DarkWing_, are you using display lists in your code? I''ve had experiences with display lists crashing my computer for some reason...

// Website // Google // GameDev // NeHe // MSDN // OpenGL Extensions //
~neoztar "Any lock can be picked with a big enough hammer"my website | opengl extensions | try here firstguru of the week | msdn library | c++ faq lite
works great, looks great. and i''m on his list he thanks to. thats great, too:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

Wow, Nice! =-)

----------
Almost typo-ified using Extrarius'' AUTOMATIC Typo Generator, but I decided to be nice =-)
GCS++ GE>+ GM>+ d- s+:+ a--- C++ UL+ P++@ L+ E>++ W++ N+ o? k? w !O !M !V PS+ PE Y+ PGP t+@ 5+ X++ R+ tv++ b+ DI++++ D G
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
neoztar : It's probably some driver bug (I hope ), but the demo is quite heavy on display lists. I use them in alot of scenes... (most static object[primitives] are compiled in display lists)

Extrarius, davepermen : thanks!

Well, I'll do some more testing & fixing bugs while I have the card then I'll be *realy* happy to get my gf4 back...

You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.

[edited by - _DarkWIng_ on March 14, 2003 4:55:38 AM]
You should never let your fears become the boundaries of your dreams.
you know what i find funny?

i helped you for register combiners and that stuff, but i only own a radeon9700pro, no nvidia card. you coded yourself ati code, but you don''t own one.

something''s really stupid, isn''t it?:D

"take a look around" - limp bizkit
www.google.com
If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

New ATi drivers are available. For anyone who has problems regarding Mirko''s demo, you should try downloading those drivers.

davepermen: yes that''s funny. I have an ATi card but still answer to RC threads, and even more funny I recommend buying nVidia cards !

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement