please test rally car v2

Started by
40 comments, last by ctoa 21 years, 2 months ago
Very nice work! I tested it out on my bro''s comp. and it stays at a solid 15-20fps with the following hardware:

450MHz p3
nVidia TNT (16MB)
128MB PC-100

(w00t it feels good to be back on my rig ;P)
Advertisement
I tried jump off the clif... teh car sped up until it finally blew up.... another bug - i didn''t calculate for wind drag.

fyi this time the speed meter is the actual chasis speed and not the front wheel speed. I think most of car racing games display the actual speed.
Not so sure... normally when you go in the air in racing games you slow down, not speed up.
That''s because of air drag, it''s apparent that this game is in a complete vaccum.
Works well with one display. Didn''t like running with my dualie.
Nice work though. Car is all shiny and stuff. Did get kinda weird when I fell off the road and got above 50,000,000 km/h.

<1 fps in dual monitor mode

20-40fps @ 1280x960
~0.040 dT

PIII 500
256MB SDRAM
Matrox G400MAX 32MB
I get the same problem as phatdom. I get > 250 fps and dt stays mainly at 0.000 but flickers slightly. Holding down the up arrow simply makes the car reverse slowly off the edge of the map >_< (holding down makes the car go backwards too)

Athlon 2600XP+
512MB PC3500 DDR
Radeon 9700
Really nice as it is, smooth movement and the car reacts well to the landscape. My only gripe is that the car travels very slowly (~100mph seems more like 30 ). dT flickering between 0.2 and 0.1
I made a hires texture for rally(yay, first mod).
It look''s great but brings down the FPS a few notches.
If anyone want''s it then post a message here or mail me.
Very nice.

I get between 13-30 fps, dt 0.3 - 0.4
1152x864 or 800x600 on my
Athlon 700
TNT2 M64 32MB

The speed doesn''t feel right and I actually have driven a VW Golf on gravel road and it doesn''t quite handle this badly. With only 13 fps it''s totally impossible to get back control if you lose it (bit better at 30 fps) and I think the car should slow down a bit faster when jumping up and down on and off the road.
One thing I noticed too is how very hard it is to roll it over, actually I didn''t happen though I tried.

But again it''s very cool.
Eggert JóhannessonKálfhól 1, 801 SelfossICELANDÖrhugi Software
The turning and traction need some work...When I turn the car doesnt really turn it just rotates...causing a spin out easily...and when I hit the arrow once it turns to much...the speed is odd, I dunno what is up with that...The traction of the car seems like the car is on like ice...but other than that, nice work, oh and I love the reflections! I get 30 fps, and the side mirrors are messed up btw!

<- Digital Explosions ->
"Discipline is my sword, faith is my shield
do not dive into uncertainty, and you may live to reap the rewards" - (Unreal Championship)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement