Alpha Blending problem on the GBA

Started by
1 comment, last by alphatrak 21 years, 1 month ago
Hello, I''ve used www.thepernproject.com as my main source of docs for the GBA, but I''m a little confused how alpha blending works. I have already used the "fade-out" and "fade-in" modes to fade to and from black and white successfully, but what I''m trying to do now is that I have sprites on top of a background (using a tiled video mode), and I want the sprites to blend into the background... in other words to have the sprites gradually disappear so that only the background is left. I''m not sure what I''m doing wrong, but my sprites end up solid black when I try to blend them. Can someone explain how I need to set up the REG_COLEY and REG_BLDMOD registers? And also, what alpha mode do I need to set the sprites to? Thanks a ton
Advertisement
Go to the docs section at gbadev.org and look for an doc called "mode0 bg and sprite blending" i think. It should be in the misc. section. That should help you with setting up all the registers.
Doh! I think I was using the wrong register.. I was using REG_COLEY when I should''ve been using REG_COLEV. I''ll try it out when I get home from work. Thanks again!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement