Hey nes8bit,

Started by
2 comments, last by Esap1 23 years, 10 months ago
I looked at your Web page about your engine and Im IMPRESSED. It looks GREAT. I read through the page and Im still wondering how exactly your load your models into the World. Could you please explain it to me. I had trouble before getting the Pre defined Portal Data into the Game, As no Model formats support such a thing. Could you please tell me how you did it. Im very Interested. Thanks alot
Advertisement
Hey john, er Esap1
Thanks for your comments

Well, I used a model editor called qED. It is a quake1 editor. I did not use .map files because I don''t want to do much work. I used the qED map file format. I converted that to MDx from qED. I was going to post code on how to import those files into your engine. If you want, i can do that when I get home.

Now questions for you:
Where''s your page? I saw it once and saw your engine in the early stages. I''d like to see it.
And, did you get my page from the link below?

------------------------
Captured Reality.
Yeah, that would be really cool if you could show the code and how to load the files into your engine. And Yeah, I just clicked on your little link on the bottom of one of your posts. And about my Website. Im really pissed off at tripod.com, because they decided to trash it. All the stuff I uploaded there is gone, and I can use that name, They said I violated something, but if you saw the website you know I did not, it was just about the Engine. I dont get, well when I have time I will put a new page up, also, I put I DirectX Engine on hold for the OpenGL one Im making now, I was just curios how OGL works. Thanks for the Responce,
PS: My name is not really john, I just put that in the Hotmail thing, its RJ
heh, I put Joe Runner on my hotmail thing previously. Well, I put it up already, just go to http://members.xoom.com/deadstranger/docs.htm

It's completely Visual Basic though. Sorry.

------------------------
Captured Reality.

Edited by - nes8bit on June 2, 2000 7:47:51 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement