Programming Ideas???

Started by
14 comments, last by kd7ike 23 years, 11 months ago
My idea is space sim with gravitation around planets(like it was
in star control but in 3d and realy big grav field). In fact I already have it... Now I want to put some optimal control routine (hamiltonian based) into AI for navigation in gravitation, instead s*y "try&check" which i have now.
Advertisement
GodFree: I tried that once. I put lots of effort into making every part completely stealth, and I avoided all of the common code. But I was working with some other people on part of the spreading routine, but they didn''t do their part. It was going to be really cool. I was going to make it so it could seperate itself into different pieces and reassemble itself later. I even found a fairly good way to hide it on the hard drive.
For a good time hit Alt-F4! Go ahead try it, all the cool people are doing it.
AHA! But think about the name of mine... "Darwin"... should suggest something about how it, um, changes over time... (and it works)

Mark Collins (aka Nurgle)
me@thisisnurgle.org.uk

After careful deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that Nazrix is not cool. I am sorry for any inconvienience my previous mistake may have caused. We now return you to the original programming

How about the ability to tag or mark a link on a web page you are viewing with a little marker that when you place the mouse over it a little post-it note pops up that displays whatever you wanted to note. Next time you visit the site, the browser displays your little marker to remind you that made a note about that link.

Here are some other ideas, projects:
Make resolution theory tractable. This is fascinating if you like AI.
Incorporate predicate calculus into game AI.
Godfree: I was thinking about doing something like that. It could randomly replace groups of opcodes with equivalent ones. The problem is that it becomes a little large for a virus. And when it becomes too big its harder to hide it. If you took my idea of having it be able to come in pieces and reassemble it self later it would work much better. You could have some code telling it how to evolve a certain way. Then if it ever came in contact with the other code it would evolve the other. Having unprogrammed evolutions would be very difficult because of the chances of the computer crashing. And the kind of evolution I am talking about is just to hide it from virus scanners.
For a good time hit Alt-F4! Go ahead try it, all the cool people are doing it.
quote:Original post by TMOLI 42

I have a good idea for a internet bookmark / history program. The program should track every website you visit (like the history) except that you should be able to rate every site you visit (maybe it should ask when you leave the site). I was thinking that the rating could be based on a traffic signal (green means you liked the site, yellow means no opinion, red means you didn''t) The sites (all of them, reguardless of what you rated them) should be grouped into categories (either predefined or created by the user). That way, after you have been using it for a while, you can just search through the green light sites in the category you want. I know that I bookmark every useful site I go to, but it would also be useful to know what the non-useful sites were so that I won''t visit them again.

- TMOLI 42

Thats a great idea. Set it up so that you have them booked marked and when ever you viset a page it shows you the rating(As you rated it) before it finishes loading. So you don''t go to a bummer site more than once. That would be a handy little thingy.

End of Program

c:\>
Yo no hablo mucho

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement