Win 3.x/95/98 probs.

Started by
3 comments, last by kd7ike 23 years, 10 months ago
Is there anyone else out there having problems with win 3.x 95 or 98 on there systems??? I can''t belive how unstable it is on my computer. I swear I''ve reinstalled it a billion million times. Or maybe its not my fault, is it Microsofts(DUH) End of Program c:\>
Yo no hablo mucho
Advertisement
Most likely it''s your fault. jk. Seriously, you should tell us what happens...exactally...

------------------------
Captured Reality
Sorry, I just think every one knows what my thoughts are.

I''ve had a computer for serveral years. Several months ago I got a voodoo3 2000 card. Thats not the begining of it but thats as far back as I''ll bother to go. So I install the card and it doesn''t work right. I can''t use the 3d features.

I install windows a couple times. My fault, voodoo3 2000''s fault. I send the card back in 6 months later and its faulty.

Last week, I decide that my old 800 M hard drive time is up. I pull it out thinking that''ll make it a linix(Spelled wrong. Right) drive. So my 8 Gig goes as C. I install win 95. Every thing is screwed up in win 95. I have my video card working perfectly and I have 256 colors. I want 32 bit.

Well I ignore it.

AHHH, I''m thinking, my other computers have a virus. So I install a virus scanner. I reboot my computer. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. AHHH, so I say to myself, my fault. I go into safe mode and uninstall Virus scanner. I reboot. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH.

So I say tomyself. I''ll reinstall win 95. That''ll fix it. I reinstall. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. So, it must be that win 95 doesn''t like my computer. I take win 98 and install.

I reboot and BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH. I can still get into safe mode. Now instead of having win 95 thats broken. My computer says I have Win95 when win98 is installed. Neither work.

A couple days go bye.

I come back and say. Must be my hard drive. So I put in my 800 M and install win 98 on it because I formatted it. Whats that 6 times.

Now my computer works fine. My fault??? Or Microsoft???

My record in one week was 7 times. Why?? Video card. Whos fault. 3dfx. NOT MINE.

So is it just me or was I screwed?

End of Program

c:\>
Yo no hablo mucho
Screwed is right. Not only were you screwed, but you were tricked into getting a v3...

------------------------
Captured Reality
I have had my comp for 3 years...i have only had to reinstall windows once..and that wasnt because of windows it was because my HD crashed, thanx to turbo tax
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement