Inspiration (and other things)

Started by
4 comments, last by Moe 23 years, 10 months ago
I have been trying to slog my way through Direct Draw. I understand what to do, but I am not sure how to do it in code. I am kind of curious, where do you guys get your inspiration? What drives you to program to the wee hours of the morning? and a couple other quick questions... I got my very first compiler (Borland C++5) about 1 year ago. I didn''t do much with it other than make a simple hello world program in dos. I got visual C++ 6 in about March (this year). Since then, I have learned the basics of the WinAPI and a smidge of direct Draw. How am I doing? How long did it take you guys to get the hang of programming? (another quick question)... Is tips and tricks of the windows game programming gurus very good? what version of DirectX does it teach? I have teach yourself Direct X in 24 hours. It moves really fast and is kinda hard to understand. (last question) does anyone know where i can find some good tutorials on C++ structures, eg, classes, etc? "a dog may be a man's best friend, but a computer is the next best thing"
Advertisement
What drives me? Populairty, cash, and girls...wait that doesn''t happen in real life...

------------------------
Captured Reality
Either you got geek blood in your veins , or you dont . There is no way you can improvise. I went 3 days without sleep to do my 3d contest , but due to a traffic accident , I am stuck in this freakin hospital too doped out to code . On the bright side , my nurse is cute and she gives me a sponge bath every morning , speaking of which , NURSE..........

There are only four types of men , RichMan , PoorMan , BeggarMan , Thief........
I was influenced by the Ghetto you ruined.
In that case, I have nerd blood in my viens. Anything I do probably involves a computer. All I can think about is computers.

"a dog may be a man's best friend, but a computer is the next best thing"
You know what guys? I am the stereotypical nerd...not in looks, but just the fact that I sit in front of my computer from the time I wake up, to the time I go to sleep. That is no joke.

------------------------
Captured Reality
nes8bit: Yeah, and you probably post a third of the time. ( just kidding ).

---

I''m convinced I have geek blood in me. I''m related to several nerds.

- DarkMage139
"Real game developers don't change the rules. Real game developers don't break the rules. Real game developers make the rules!"
"Originality (in games) is the spice of life!"
- DarkMage139

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement