I hate XOOM!

Started by
14 comments, last by Ferinorius 23 years, 10 months ago
You can try www.jmwebdesigns.comas well.
But in my opinion, the best thing is to get hosted by your provider - they do often provide (banner-)free webspace for their users.
YES XOOM SUCKS!!! That''s the reason, why i did not update my Homepage in the last 6 (!) months.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Andreas Mähler
Wolf359 Interactive
Advertisement
Well Now,

Me personally I used FreeNetName.co.uk to create a CO.UK
address. Then because it was costing me money to update
the page I simply linked it with an enter here link to my
bigger free page at Homestaed.com

STVOY

Mega Moh Mine!!
STVOY: That sounded good until you realise that there is a £94 release fee if you want to actually move the domain name.

-- Kazan - Fire Mountain Games --
Geocities is really good! the URLs aren't terrible. The URLs used to be bad. NOW, if you register you can get an URL like: www.geocities.com/yourusername/

that's pretty good! and they have an awsome file manager.

Dade 11

Edited by - Dade 11 on June 29, 2000 10:01:56 AM
New problem came to me today, not too long before posting this, but i need to know if it is my computer or xoom that is causing this. When i go to connect to ftp.xoom.com through WS_FTP and other ones, it says cannot change root. I hope this is xoom, and sorry if this was a newbie question, this is my first jump into web design
Spaceports offers free CGI-Bin, though there are forced popups or banners (to switch from popup to banner, you must add their ad code. They pay you, but if your site has many downloads (zips, exes, etc.) you should avoid them.

Then, if you''re willing to pay, there''s No Monthly Fees, it''s $35 a year for a pretty good package, 200MB space and full CGI and everything.

Stas gives 999.999MB free space with good speed and no visible ads, but no CGI/FTP either (good file manager though).
Somewhat like a stupid lightning bolt, it''s the Lightning Dolt.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement