NeHe's internet connection is going to expire.

Started by
37 comments, last by cowsarenotevil 20 years, 6 months ago
I spent a few hours today setting up a network for a car dealership. They bought all new Dell computers and they also got a few networking components which they did not need at all. As payment for my services, I took the network stuff. I dont need it either.

Dell Power Connect 2016
16 port switch
10/100
Brand new right from Dell. Still in original wrapping, did not come in a box (was put into a big box with computer parts).

They retail for $130.00. If anyone would like to take this from me i''d be happy to donate $30 to NeHe. Let me know otherwise it''s going on e-bay.

Dustin Davis
Owner / CEO
Programmers Unlimited
www.Programmers-Unlimited.com
Dustin DavisOwner / CEOProgrammers Unlimitedwww.Programmers-Unlimited.com
Advertisement
Couple of questions here:

Why is NeHe''s dialup 240 dollars? Is that for the year or only per month?

I don''t know if NeHe can get dsl where he''s at but I have a spare Alcatel USB DSL modem that I''m not using. It''s for BellSouth and I''ve use it for some time before switching to a networkable modem. Includes the Bellsouth CD software but I think you can get generic drivers from the Alcatel web site. I''d be willing to part with it if it helps. I can''t help with the service but I pay about 50 per month for my dsl. Would this help?
Dreams arn't just dreams, They're a whole new world to play in.
I assumed he meant per year since $240 per month would be plain wrong. $240/12mo = $20mo which sounds a little more reasonable.

$90 remaining now
Well we did a pretty good job. Hopefully he is able to get it renewed.
I am really enjoying this community. Thanks to everyone who makes it great.
It''s a great community when those who like to rant and rave and insult others dont bother anyone.

Dustin Davis
Owner / CEO
Programmers Unlimited
www.Programmers-Unlimited.com
Dustin DavisOwner / CEOProgrammers Unlimitedwww.Programmers-Unlimited.com
The ISP we use is $240 a year if you pay for the full year. Otherwise paying month per month comes out to a bit more. That''s the unlimited time package, which Jeff obviously needs.
Donating money is not the only way to help Jeff out, you can also purchase one of his CD's. It's a win-win situation. Jeff gets some support and you get a great CD. It has just about everything from his website plus some bonus stuff (textures, sounds, demos, etc). I've found it very helpful when I was without my internet connection for a while. I think it's well worth the $25. Check out the store at:

http://nehe.gamedev.net/store/nehe.asp

Cheers

[edited by - scourage on October 27, 2003 4:58:17 PM]

[size="3"]Halfway down the trail to Hell...
i don''t have a credit card, but i''d like to buy the cd to help the site staying alive,how can i help?

There aren''''t problems that can''''t be solved with a gun...
There aren''t problems that can''t be solved with a gun...
I believe he also accepts money orders. Just write him at nehe@connect.ab.ca and ask him what type of payments are acceptable. He''s very flexible. If I remember, I''ll direct his attention to your post.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement