Poll-Who has actually finished a game?

Started by
40 comments, last by Voodoo4 23 years, 9 months ago
Design is an essential but very primar stage of a game. I would like to know who has actually finished a game (any kind of game) or he is about to finish. I want to check out what people of this forum have achieved and what elements or design techniqes could be helpful for my own project. I am making an isometric RPG in visual basic and as far as now i have only half-completed the map-editor of the game. Checking other people''s games i believe that will help me to correct some mistakes or design issues that my project misses. I wait for your answers Voodoo4
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
Advertisement
Hrm - well I finished a school project once - that was many years ago. Still in terms of what u ask, I haven''t finished a game yet (I''m only 16 though) but currently I am involved in a very serious project that should be finished in a few years.
Well, as a matter of fact, I just completed my second large game project about an hour ago.
http://www.crosswinds.net/~druidgames/resist.jpg
I have finished many game designs. As for implementation on a computer meduim then no. Although i have made numerous card games which could really only be sold as bundleware at their current state of complexity.

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I''ve finished a Pong game. Does that count?

- Muzzafarath

Mad House Software
The Field Marshals
I'm reminded of the day my daughter came in, looked over my shoulder at some Perl 4 code, and said, "What is that, swearing?" - Larry Wall
I guess Pong counts... We tried to do one but it appeared that the main coder (13-14 years) didn''t know much about collision detect. We wanted to make the ball bounce from different kind of objects but it never worked out. It did have great music tho. =) (We might finish it someday.)

Now were working on a RTS. And guess what... Yep, it will probably fail too. We just can''t draw the graphics, damnit.

Oh well... I have this idea in my head again, got an inspiration from old toys. Try that someday, lots of cool ideas.

I''ve finished a sliding puzzle game for windows but it wasn''t hard and it wasn''t big so it probally doesn''t count. Other than that I usually get bored and start working on a new project that I have more enthusiam for.
quote: Original post by Muzzafarath

I've finished a Pong game. Does that count?

- Muzzafarath

Mad House Software
The Field Marshals

Of course it counts.

Another question:
What was the most difficult part design,programming or music and artwork?
Have you published (i mean on the net)all your working games or not and why?

Voodoo4

Edited by - Voodoo4 on July 9, 2000 12:07:35 PM
Here these words vilifiers and pretenders, please let me die in solitude...
I am about 90% done with what I hope will be a published game. However, the last 10% is always the most boring (or the hardest) work. Plus, I need to spruce it up so it will look very nice

Oh yes, this is my second game project. The first one was a very simple but fun game where you were a robber and had to pick up gold and money while running away from the coppers

Martin

Edited by - lpsoftware on July 9, 2000 12:17:25 PM
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
I finished an isometric RPG in VB minus the video''s and fancy features that we skipped cause we felt we should move on... VB was SLOW!! But if you want to see my isometric code in practice I''ll be releasing an Alpha version of my RTS in a week or so.. Look for it! It''ll be very nice.. (Hopefully) and it''s completely isometric. (And it in ASM w/ DX vx my VB game w/ GDI, lol :-)

See ya,
Ben
__________________________Mencken's Law:"For every human problem, there is a neat, simple solution; and it's always wrong."
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."- Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science in 1949

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement