Book Poll

Started by
32 comments, last by STVOY 23 years, 10 months ago
"Animorphs"

*bursts out laughing*

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
I can do things, things you never knew,
I can change your world if you only knew.

I can do miracles if you want me to.
Anything is possible, I'll prove it to you.
- DarkMage139
Advertisement
quote:Original post by STVOY

Bishop evertime I go into the Sci-fi / Fantasy section I am overwhelmed with choice. I mean there''s enough books in there to last me for the rest of my life.

STVOY,
Overwhelmed by choice is not the entire equation. Constraining yourself to one genre narrows your field of view, no matter how many selections within that genre.

I''m not knocking sci-fi / fantasy. I have read Brin, Bova, Clarke, Jordan, Feist, Card, Bear, Vinge, Vance, Burroughs, Tolkien, Bradbury, Herbert, Heinlein, Niven, Asimov, Saberhagen, Anderson, Robinson, Simmons, Wolfe, Lewis, Zelazney, Silverberg, Resnick, Varley, etc., etc, etc...

Most were really good books, and I have read several from each author. But you should sample outside the box. If I liked the above authors, and like the other stuff I discuss, how can you say you wouldn''t or shouldn''t like other genres also.

By not constraining yourself, you can broaden your interests. Not just with regard to books, but with life in general. There is a whole world out there to be discovered, in all its nuances and subtleties.

Most importantly, you may never know what you would find fascintating until you delve a little deeper. And it all starts with sampling.

The more I learn about different and disparate topics, the more I realize it all links together.

Oh, that was Lonely Planet...not Lonely Plany

-Coleco

Rock the cradle of love!
You stupid WANKER!

--HASBRO SUCKS--

Rock the cradle of love! You stupid WANKER!
Some of my favorite stuff...

Terry Goodkind - Sword of Truth
Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time
Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman - Death Gate, Dragonlance, etc.
Michael Crichton - for all things sci-fi
Tom Clancy - Rainbow Six, Op-Center, Debt of Honor, etc.
Ann Bishop - Black Jewels trilogy
Andre LaMothe - for all your programming needs!

-Ironblayde
Aeon Software
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement