I hate TeeVee

Started by
17 comments, last by Freakshow 23 years, 9 months ago
I''m in the same boat as SonicSilicon. Our area is going to be getting the internet through the cable lines so I''ll probably get cable installed just so I can get a cable modem. Currently, I just have an antena. The only thing I ever watch is Futurama on Sundays. (I don''t like any of the new Simpson''s shows anymore)

Although I probably still won''t watch much TV, I might start recording some shows from the discovery channel. I''ve always liked shows like "invention". Besides, now that my wife''s monitor burned out, she''s using MY computer to surf the web! (And I''m being force to waste time watching rather stupid shows on tv)

E:cb woof!
E:cb woof!
Advertisement
I have never even owned a TV. Our family has never had one since ive been around. People always ask me HOW DO YOU LIVE WITHOUT ONE??? but ive never had one so i really dont care. Tho when i am at friends i enjoy movies, ST: Voyager, Stargate SG1 and Earth Final Conflict. (im a sci-fi junki too)

+---------------------------------------------
Help me program my 3d game
I just got a new copy of Lear C++ in 21 days!
+---------------------------------------------
Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.
I only watch tv for movies, DBZ, and Gundam Wing
I wish there was a button on my monitor to turn up the intellegince. Theres a button called 'brightness' but it doesn't work
It should be noted that I have got a cable modem, but no cable. We just said: "Plug it into the computer, and get the %*$^ out you coroprate whore!"

...and I am quite content.

=====
Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
freakshow... thats not right. you still have a choice of changing the channel... thats what a mouse and keyboard are for on the cpu, and thats what a controller is for on the tv. you have a choice for either

-----------------------

"There are no stupid questions. Only stupid people who ask them."
-----------------------
"James Hetfield is out of rehab, I'll drink to that!"
"Even Satan plays speed metal!" -Cranium
"There is no forgiveness in these eyes For any of you...but one" Opeth - The Moor
"I've stood upon the moors, looked over many landsThat were conquered by the brave and their mightSearching for the answer, the riddle of the steelWhat will win the day and take the fight" - Jag Panzer
---------------------------------
quote:Original post by Freakshow
KILL YOUr TELEVISION!

Kill your god kill your TV.

------------------------
Captured Reality
quote: Original post by nes8bit

Kill your god kill your TV.

------------------------
Captured Reality

tv has no soul

- Pouya / FOO!!!

#define PURE_STUPIDITY 128 PROGRAMMERS

Edited by - pouya on July 18, 2000 1:40:06 AM
Well guys, I used to watch A LOT of sitcoms... kind of addicted.
But that's all that I watched anyway (well, movies too, but it's not too TV related). Now I've moved to another town, living alone for the college and stuff. In my new apartment I don't have even a TV, and I can say that I don't miss that crap (except for Simpsons, that rocks btw ). There's so much crap on TV that I can't believe it. Here in Brazil the things go from bad to worse: the TV programming just sucks! They do ANYTHING to get public: girls with VERY little cloth (hehehe, not that I don't like, but it's absurd show that things SUNDAY AFTERNOON), freak people, BAD music (pagode ), fights between people for the stupidest reasons... just to name a few. Now, what do I do? I read (Lord of the Rings... whow, THAT's a Book!), program, play games, go out with my friends, play RPG, listen music... and I can say that's much better than sit in front of the TV for 4 hours laughing at the same stupid jokes.

Just my 0.02 in the subject.

Nicodemus.

----
"When everything goes well, something will go wrong." - Murphy

Edited by - Nicodemus on July 18, 2000 3:52:26 AM
Nicodemus.----"When everything goes well, something will go wrong." - Murphy
I have a really small monochrome TV. The screen is smaller than my hand. And I haven't watched television in my house for years, I watch it in motels\hotels, etc.

The color TV in my house is used to watch movies.

- DarkMage139
++++++++++++++++
I can do things, things you never knew,
I can change your world if you only knew.

I can do miracles if you want me to.
Anything is possible, I'll prove it to you.

Edited by - DarkMage139 on July 18, 2000 2:10:49 PM
- DarkMage139

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement