Creating a Map Editor for a FPS...(!)

Started by
21 comments, last by nes8bit 23 years, 10 months ago
B)

Hm.. visual compiling does sound pretty cool but it doesnt soundlike it would be worth allof the time and effort it would take to incorperate.

I think that the standard Qed Interface would be fine. Curves and rippled ground would be really anice feature. Say liek I want a large feild or something that is a large area with a lot of bummpy terrain. Ground isnt allways perfectly flat. If there was a way to put in a large flat editable mesh that you could stretch and pull sections off it up or down to make hills and holes, it would be really nice. I know I''m not explaining very well.

That as far as i can see would be an increadably usefull feature, not that I''m saying it would work, but it would be nice.

um.. Oh yeah, also a custome brush window. It would be really cool if you could open up a window and be able to create a brush in wire frame, and then import it into the editor.

Um.. maybe brush animation viewer. If you could set a path for a brush to follow when triggered, And then be able to veiw it moving in wireframe and in 3d. This would be really usefull for setting up explsions and moving objets.

Speaking of moving objects: rotating brushes.

Another thing would be that you could select a face of a brush and apply a decal over a texture. Possible even move it around or ratate it into the position you want it in.

There should be an option to center a texture on a brush, and more importantly, scale to fit a brush automatically.

Yeah Yeah, i know I''m asking for a lot... I''m just throwing out ideas.

let me know whats possible and whats not. I''ll design around it.

OK.. I''ll let you know if i get anymore ideas.

============================
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

============================

------------------------
Captured Reality
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
Advertisement
So whatta yah think? a little to much?
let me know what you think about my ideas.

"Problems cannot be solved at the same level of awareness that created them."

--Albert Einstein

------------------------
Captured Reality
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-----I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.
Good ideas. Good ideas kid...

------------------------
Captured Reality

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement