Montezuma's Revenge

Started by
19 comments, last by ArchWizard 23 years, 9 months ago
I''m a novice programmer who''s just learning how to create computer games, and I thought that the first game I should try to make would be a clone of the old Apple game Montezuma''s Revenge. When I was around 6 years old, I loved to play this game, but I can''t remember much about it. If anyone knows anything about the game, I would appreciate it.
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
Advertisement
I think they''re selling that game for Color Game Boy now.

lntakitopi@aol.com - http://www.geocities.com/guanajam
why dont you do pong/tetris like oter newbies?

- Pouya / FOO!!!

#define PURE_STUPIDITY 128 PROGRAMMERS
Games like Tetris or Pong or Pacman were never of real interest to me. I guess it''s because I love a story, and MR had that (I think).
"Sir, it is pie." - Mark TwainThe ArchWizard's site.
so you wanna make a game, but you forgot what it was. right?

- Pouya / FOO!!!

quote:Original post by pouya

so you wanna make a game, but you forgot what it was. right?

- Pouya / FOO!!!

Geeez, was that comment and the other one really necessary? Seems to me that this guy is being reasonable to try and clone a simple game, and yet you keep looking down upon this and mocking him. Did you miss some sleep or something? Maybe he doesn''t want to conform to the same thing as all the other newbies, we need more innovative thinkers in the gaming industry.

Masters Software
quote:Original post by ArchWizard
I''m a novice programmer who''s just learning how to create computer games, and I thought that the first game I should try to make would be a clone of the old Apple game Montezuma''s Revenge. When I was around 6 years old, I loved to play this game, but I can''t remember much about it. If anyone knows anything about the game, I would appreciate it.

There is a Color GameBoy version of the game. You could also look for the 3d sequel, Montezuma''s Return, published by WizardWorks and written by Utopia Technologies.

The 3d sequel is probably availible in your bargain bin, and also includes the full version of the original Montezuma''s Revenge.

---- --- -- -
Blue programmer needs food badly. Blue programmer is about to die!
Hi all.

ArchWizard, did you try going to the emulation sites?

We emphasize "gotoless" programming in this company, so constructs like "goto hell" are strictly forbidden.
Hi all.

ArchWizard, did you try going to the emulation sites?

We emphasize "gotoless" programming in this company, so constructs like "goto hell" are strictly forbidden.
i''m not looking down on him nor mocking him
it hust sounds weird to have something in mind, but dunno what it is

suggestion: make up the storyline yourself. no one is gonna be expecting your game to have the same storyline as that game.

- Pouya / FOO!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement