3D & 2D Software Information (Check here)

Started by
126 comments, last by Ravenmore 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys, there''s always gameSpace which is a stripped down version of trueSpace (but cheaper).

http://www.caligari.com/gameSpace/
Advertisement
Oops I didn''t see the 2nd page (new to gamedev). Discard my previous post please.
actually, it''s good you reminded me. Even though someone mentioned it, I hadn''t added it to the list. It is now.
Ok. I just went through the exhausting task of updating each item in the list with an HTML link.

*phew*

But, it should make the List a lot more user-friendly.

I plan futher updates where the links will go directly to the product page instead of just the company page. And also some other additions.
I did that update I mentioned. All links now go directly to the product page.

I''ve also added GameSpace Light to the Free 3D Software category.

If you haven''t looked at the first page in a while, check it out. It looks completely different now.

And help me to keep this list up to date and complete with any more products you find. I''m considering further updates for the list that identify what each product does (Modeling, Animating, etc).
2-D pixeller. $0 to $100: Graphics Gale

--
You''re Welcome,
Rick Wong
- Google | Google for GameDev.net | GameDev.net''s DirectX FAQ. (not as cool as the Graphics and Theory FAQ)
It''s added in. Thank you.
Free 2D Software:
Pixia

Great program, athough poorly docuemented. I like it better then the gimp, because it the interface is very concistant.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
A small bump, plus a suggestion:

2D Software ($100 or less):

ProMotion by Cosmigo: http://www.cosmigo.com/promotion/

It's anywhere from $19-$45, depending on what version you buy. If you used to use Deluxe Paint on the Amiga, then this program is for you! Perfect for doing low-color sprite artwork.

--- - 2D/Pixel Artist - 3D Artist - Game Programmer - Ulfr Fenris[[ Gaping Wolf Software ]] [[ GameGenesis Forums ]]
The product's been added in (and Dede's was added in a few days ago). Thank you both.

I look forward to when the GD.net Staff gets the HTML Links fixed. For one, I really dont like the redundant text that's automatically added after a link. Also, for some reason the link's don't open in a new window like they're supposed to. (the target="_blank" code is being ignored).

Oh well, keep the updated content coming.

*EDIT* ... someone mentioned ASE in another thread. It's a free 2D program for pixel art. I've added it in too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement