Online "Class Room" Environment Dx9 gamedev

Started by
213 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 7 months ago
Sup guys well with Mirc I think you create it by making a new channel that used to be empty and then registering it somehow, I used to use it years ago but forgot. And as for beginning topics I have a few.

TOPIC IDEAS:
Using Dx9''s appwizard (it is actually a pretty useful start)
Checking for Valid Displays and Applying Them
Maybe some Basic Matrix Math and a Little Matrix Library
Using STL for Vectors (something I wish I was more familiar with)
Make our Own Vector Library
Advertisement
good ideas
We could also do some topics on:
- collision detection
- culling
- using fonts and 2d display stuff
- animation

I wonder if anybody is actually going to support this?
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )
OK well maybe a meeting sometime this weekend?

Also I will keep up a page if there is interest... hehe no one has emailed me yet and I don''t wanna go hunting down folks through there emails. I would really prefer people who were interested enough at least to email...

And the collision detection and stuff will come later. I got alot of stuff to offer there . We just need a start and let any beginners get some good tips. But if no beginners we can jump ahead. I wanna go over some collide and slide stuff heavily... but all in time.

Either way just let me know

Count me in... Ademan555@hotmail.com (ill email u too) i should be able to help the group for a while (till we get in over my head)

-Dan

Yes I realize im a n00b...
When General Patton died after World War 2 he went to the gates of Heaven to talk to St. Peter. The first thing he asked is if there were any Marines in heaven. St. Peter told him no, Marines are too rowdy for heaven. He then asked why Patton wanted to know. Patton told him he was sick of the Marines overshadowing the Army because they did more with less and were all hard-core sons of bitches. St. Peter reassured him there were no Marines so Patton went into Heaven. As he was checking out his new home he rounded a corner and saw someone in Marine Dress Blues. He ran back to St. Peter and yelled "You lied to me! There are Marines in heaven!" St. Peter said "Who him? That's just God. He wishes he were a Marine."
I would like to sign up (my email is: psyho@v-lo.krakow.pl)
But I''m a newbie to game programming and I''m realy fresh to DirectX so I think I''ll would be the one that learns, and you will be the ones that teach

Adam ''Psyho'' Pohorecki
______________________________Adam 'Psyho' Pohorecki
I''d definitely be interrested in this. I have some experience of OpenGL and am looking to migrate to DX, so this would be very usefull.

As for more general programming stuff (STL for example), I could help out on most aspects. I have a few years of commercial prgramming experience, but none in DX

--Mercury
I created a site on tripod for it.

http://directxgamedev.tripod.com/

Nothing on it yet, but once we get some meetings and such it should build fast. I will also add some good links once it is up, but none as of yet.
from a begginer''s angle i have a few things that have been bugging me, and would have loved to have found from a website that holds tutes :-

o) A visual representation of an OO engine. this way, someone who wants to make their OWN (DirectInput) Input Class can do that and just attach it to their own engine (if possible)
o) How to make a basic Engine that does nothing but load a triangle. (eg. shows u how to search for devices and check if the screen size is ok; how to read info from a file (eg. screen size, windowed, etc
o) Action Classes for DirectInput - a generic/unified way to handle ''actions'' for the game.
o) A ''console'' class so anyone can make their own console for the engine.

.. besides that, i hope this works - very much needed .. would be kewl to see DirectX.GameDev.net

-PK-

-PK-
-PK-
I will help .
____________________________________________________________AAAAA: American Association Against Adobe AcrobatYou know you hate PDFs...

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement