HELP! test Stratego Game

Started by
5 comments, last by Mushu 20 years, 2 months ago
Over the last weekend I wrote a Stratego game as a demo for a directX 8 wrapper I wrote. The problem is it doesn''t work on a couple machines. So, get the setup stuff here! If you find any problems, post them (with your specs + error message). Oh: Controls: use the arrows to move the cursor, space or num 0 to select, and to cancel the idle screen. There is no AI because I rushed the whole thing. Another problem is that I calibrated the speeds to my computer, so if you run it with a monster of a machine the animations will be a little fast. Deal with it. Thanks for the help! Yes... VB6 is here to steal your minds. Very slowly.
Advertisement
When I try to run it, I get an error message:
This page is not available
and a lot of ads.
try here and look for it. Sorry!

Yes... VB6 is here to steal your minds. Very slowly.
It looked very neat, It initialised.. I am sure there are some legal issues involved in A) Using the name, B) Using the artwork, but it started up, I clicked the button (that I couldn''t read the text on) and a big rotating stratego sign. Then started and got the map page that looks very nice, and was placing little red character pieces.

I presume all of this is correct. I loved Stratego the board game, was happy when I found it on budget.. upgraded to XP and couldn''t get it to work, so I would be very interested in seeing a more complete version.
Just some fun legal issues:

1) the name is copyrighted.
2) all the artwork used is copyrighted.
3) the game itself (I think) is copyrighted.

I''m good, as long as I don''t sell it to anyone. Glad to get comments (esp good ones) so quickly. :D

I get this error:
Error encountered while initisalising 3d matrices:
91 (5B): Object variable or With block variable not sent

My system specs are:
Athlon XP 2000+
Geforce 4 MX440
512MB RAM
quote:Original post by RobD
I get this error:
Error encountered while initisalising 3d matrices:
91 (5B): Object variable or With block variable not sent

My system specs are:
Athlon XP 2000+
Geforce 4 MX440
512MB RAM

Are you running a networked XP or win2000 by any chance? I get that error (excuse late night programming spelling) when I run it on some networked machines. Not sure why it is caused, but it happens anyway. I''m looking for a way to fix it.

Nice specs, btw.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement