Microsoft releases "Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 "

Started by
108 comments, last by rohde 19 years, 10 months ago
Where do you get the platform SDK from, Arild?
Advertisement
Ok there has to be a catch..... Well i guess there is not.
Will I be able to use this compiler with Visual Studio.Net 2k3 standard. Is there a way i can replace the compiler on Visual Studio.NET with this toolkit.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
NM, I found it on MS''s site.
quote:Original post by MDI
Where do you get the platform SDK from, Arild?

here
quote:Original post by QzarBaron
Ok there has to be a catch..... Well i guess there is not.
Will I be able to use this compiler with Visual Studio.Net 2k3 standard. Is there a way i can replace the compiler on Visual Studio.NET with this toolkit.

If you saw my post in the lounge I was quite shocked to discover that the compiler infact was "crap" in the standard edition after I got it.

This has just made my day (for the next few months).

*jumps for joy*
Yeah but that doesnt answer my question. Is there any way to replace the compiler on Visual Studio.NET standard with this.
"Go on get out last words are for fools who have not said enough already." -- Karl Marx
Did you said microsoft and free in the same sentence?
-----------------------------------------Everyboddy need someboddy!
quote:Original post by QzarBaron
Yeah but that doesnt answer my question. Is there any way to replace the compiler on Visual Studio.NET standard with this.

I''d suspect you could just replace the cl.exe and link.exe in your VS.NET installation with the ones from the toolkit.

--
AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.
[Project site] [Blog] [RSS] [Browse the source] [IRC channel]
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:Original post by someboddy
Did you said microsoft and free in the same sentence?

Oh, give us a break. MS has always had lots of free stuff, especially for developers.

--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
My guess is that that languages really aren''t where the money is at. People will still buy visual studio, because it is the whole package that really makes it, not the compiler.

I mean let''s face it almost all the language vendors are gone now except Borland.

I think this is a great thing, it was always my biggest complaint against Microsoft that it failed to provide free tools to program on it. But that was several years ago. Things have changed since than.

My last complaint is that 1) they should bring back the profiler (if it is in Visual .NET my copy did not come with it and I bought it) and 2) They should continue with the old Visual Basic as it was and provide both VB.NET and the old style (yes, people will pooh on VB, but VB6 was just very handy for generating EXEs for quicky programs that don''t need .NET).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement