Copy Please?

Started by
59 comments, last by Landfish 23 years, 8 months ago
I have a favor that I would like to ask of our design forum regulars. I know I''m the first to denounce those guys who post Help Wanteds in the Design Forum, but if I put this anywhere else, it won''t get seen by the people I need. As many of you know, the website of my group, Landfish.com, has been in development for as long as I''ve been coming to GDNet. We''ve designed it four times, and scrapped four designs, losing months of work in the process. We want to get it JUST right. In the end, we want the website to be more than just another gamedeveloper''s website. We want people to be able to go there to rant about stuff, to share ideas, to get involved. Or to denounce me on my home turf, fine whatever... But our latest (and greatest) design includes copy, or testaments from various people about how cool we are. But we don''t have any copy. So I want to get some from you guys at GDNet, under whatever professional names you go by. Now, I''m not asking anyone to be dishonest and say that we''ve made great games or anything; we haven''t. But the premise for the website is ideas. My team is freakin full of ideas... very different ideas. You''ve seen alot of that through me on this very site. Can you guys just reply here with what you think of the posts I''ve made and the ideas I''ve shared/taken from all all of you (and give me permission to quote you on a website with your real name and company title?) Try to make it sound like a review for a movie or something. This might be viewed by venture capital, so keep it serious (kinda...) Thank you in advance to anyone who does. Thankyou thankyou thankyou. I really need this to make the site work. ====== "The unexamined life is not worth living." -Socrates "Question everything. Especially Landfish." -Matt
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
Advertisement
- Ok - Sorry!

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!

Edited by - Paul Cunningham on August 12, 2000 4:01:25 PM
Not fair, paul, you can do better than that! I thought you were the smart guy around here!

=====
Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
God, i''ve been feeling guilt all morning for this but i know that i''m not really doing anything that bad. Now i''m annoyed with my self. Damn it! My apologies for my now edited comment. Ok, make me feel bad. and thanks for the pointer Freakshow, i owe you one.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
=====Are you aware that the people who bring you television actually refer to it openly as "programming?"
oh, c''mon people! I need this for the website! GDNet people stick together, right? (''cept for Howland...)

Here, I know it''s hard to think of, so I''ll help you out. When I say: "Landfish is..." what''s the first word that pops into your mind? Crazy? Gay? Anarchist? Revolutionary? Stupid?

Even if it''s any of the above, write it anyway, so that I can legitimately claim you said it...

Thanks.
======"The unexamined life is not worth living."-Socrates"Question everything. Especially Landfish."-Matt
What was that about?

Why Not?
Thank god, ok i''m just no good at this stuff but here goes..

From my experience at gamedev.net talking with many Game Designers i''ve found that the energy that derives from Landfish to be inspirational. The desire to solve, argue and promote possiblities seem very much a natural element of the Landfish support that''s been driven in here at Gamedev.net Game Design Corner.

How''s that for a starter/pointer? You can add my name and all the relevent details if you wish to use it sofar?! Must think again, oh no.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
I chose the eye-ball cause it looks cool.

quote:
LandFish
oh, c''mon people! I need this for the website! GDNet people stick together, right? (''cept for Howland...)

Here, I know it''s hard to think of, so I''ll help you out. When I say: "Landfish is..." what''s the first word that pops into your mind? Crazy? Gay? Anarchist? Revolutionary? Stupid?

When I think of the word ''LandFish'', I think of giant fish that walk/talk on land. I think its because I''m really unimaginative.

President.. Go! Go! Go!
-----------------------
Man Beware, The Landfish will Eat you!!

*Stabs fish with a pointy stick* *thuk* *thuk* *thuk*

Avid Gamer & Designer
Thank you, paul. I really appreciate your overcoming a moral dillema to help me out .

So, anyway, if you guys can find it in your hearts to write maybe one word (i hope at least one of you says Insane. But different will suffice) I can throw you on my website and pretend you are all professionals! Won''t that be cool?!

I''m leaving a week to study under hte zen blues masters... I shall return. Goodbye, my friends...

======
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates

"Question everything. Especially Landfish."
-Matt

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement