Trolls, orcs, goblins and $$

Started by
27 comments, last by Spyder 23 years, 8 months ago
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

But don''t we get gold, armor and weapons from monster poop?

LOL!!! Yes, refined monster poop!

As others have noted, it would be so much more enjoyable if this stuff looked like it belonged there... it''s not a realism fetish, it''s a consistency issue...

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Advertisement
The idea of having money drop from corpses is about having a reward system. You are rewarded for your efforts, just like you in some questionaire talkshows are rewarded furry pets and crap. It''s about BEHAVIORISM something you americans know about from your school system. Do something good, encourage it, do something bad smack down on it.
And do you mean to tell me that that is the best we can do? Hit a spider nine times and gold coins come flying out of his arse!?!?

There are better solutions, with the same lovely BEHAVIORISM, that are also more immersive.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
How about starting the game with a powerful character that eats a lot and has to go around killing everything to get his feed. -Character maintainance-

I love Game Design and it loves me back.

Our Goal is "Fun"!
Or what about a character with leprosy, who must find glue to fix his/her dropping limbs?

-Jussi
haha wavinator you are so funny
What bothers me is that often times monsters are carrying around these powerful weapons, yet they don''t use them. If some orc has a powerful sword, why *wouldn''t* they use it?
quote:Original post by Wavinator

And do you mean to tell me that that is the best we can do? Hit a spider nine times and gold coins come flying out of his arse!?!?

Heh, sounds more fun than, but very similar to, a lot of those fruit machines people play... they''re pretty popular too

For those of you that really get upset about having gold flying out of a rats rear, have you tried everquest? You wont'' find much gold on animals, but you will find fur, eggs, claws and other natural stuff to exchange for your precious gold.
Actually, one thing that has always bothered me about everquest is how you''re actually able to sell those items. I really doubt anyone would want a spider''s leg .

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement