blinking triangle in D3DIM :(

Started by
15 comments, last by Xeno 23 years, 8 months ago
hi! i just started my new game project , and for the start i just initialized ddraw & d3dim and tried to render a rectangle with texture on him to see if everything goes well, and for my supraise it (the rectange) started to blink with the background color , its so strange it never happened to me , u can see how it looks like: its just 32KB Download it (if u cant download it with getright or program liek that download it with your own browser , in IE: right click and "save target as...") umm... can u think on the problem? what am i doing wrong? "Everything you know is wrong" - Bono Edited by - xeno on 9/2/00 7:07:10 AM Edited by - xeno on 9/2/00 8:28:37 AM

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

Advertisement
anyone?

------------------------------- Goblineye Entertainment------------------------------

Forbidden
Host: [myip] myhostname
You do not have permission to access http://vsoft.20m.com/test.zip
Data files must be stored on the same site they are linked from.

Thank you for using 20m Free Web Space™

ok , now try to download it again , please!

download it with your own browser:
with IE: right click - and then "save target as..."

thanks a lot!

Forgot the D3Ddevice->BeginScene(); and D3Ddevice->EndScene()?
no i didnt
how could i render this without it?

Usally blinks alot when you forgot that, done that several times =) Post your render loop
this is my render function:

void Render(D3DTLVERTEX *vrtx,int num_of_vrtx){	lp_device->Clear(0,NULL,D3DCLEAR_TARGET,RGB_MAKE(128,128,128),0.0f,0);	lp_device->SetTexture(0,lp_tex);	if(lp_device->BeginScene())	{		lp_device->DrawPrimitive(D3DPT_TRIANGLESTRIP,D3DFVF_TLVERTEX,vrtx,num_of_vrtx,0);		lp_device->SetTexture(0,NULL);		lp_device->EndScene();	}}    

Back buf not updated for each flip?
sure it does , im doing flipping in the UpdateFrame() procedure

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement