Mplaer sequence order

Started by
2 comments, last by Spyder 23 years, 8 months ago
In a RTS game where you have alot of players in the game, and you are sending updates on the map every 0.5 seconds:
should movement requests, f.i. move my tank here be executed at _once_ or should all requests be collected then executed at the _end_of_the_round_ before sending the changes?
any tips would be nice,
Kevin W.
Advertisement
Do you mean Turn Based Strategy? In this case, you would be best to send all data at the end of each round (i.e. after all players have completed Round X).

In the case of Real Time Strategy, you would be best to send data to each client for each state change (unit velocity, world changes, etc), just like any other real-time game.

That''s the way I see it anyways... anyone else have any suggestions?

MatrixCubed
Well what I meant was when to compute the players moves.All at once or just before the changes are sent to the players.
Hi

U cant make any move/change until all players ack receiving moves.... or else u get some clients doing moves and othen dont so desync ur game ...

And u cant wait for ack from all comps in one frame ... think at a 8plyer game (standard Starcraft) if u wait 100ms (normal latency) for each player send / receive u get very poor frame rate...

I face the same proble myself.....
as i have my RTS almost ready and going to Network myltiplayer

There has to be a very complicated inteligent solution...
take care...at lost packets...

Bogdan
obysoft

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement