New 3D Game Engine! (looks great, easy to use)

Started by
19 comments, last by Aurora3D 19 years, 10 months ago
I need to get the word out about a newly released 3D game engine. It's the culmination of over 2 years of intense work. A quick list of features: developed in OpenGL and Cg for maximum cross platform portability, recursive scene rendering, per pixel lighting, tangent normal bump mapping, environment mapping, gloss mapping, glow mapping, and hardware shadow mapping. The trial version of the SDK is free and needs developer feedback. The current Ver1.x is a pro grade engine. We're hoping that Ver2.x will give us little guys the power to blow the big guys completely out of the water. Please check out the site and let me know what you think...(www.aurora3d.com) Thanks! Andrew Aurora Interactive www.aurora3d.com [Edited by - Aurora3D on June 28, 2004 11:52:35 AM]
AndrewAurora Interactivewww.aurora3d.com
Advertisement
Still downloading it, but the screenies and the tutorial info look good so far.

Keep working on those tutorials...
-Todd"Windows dectected that your mouse has moved. Please reboot for the changes to take effect"
I tried running your demo but I got the following errors

auCGprog((auPassPri) Primary Pass):VP:creation error
auCGprog((auPassPri) Spotlight Pass):VP:creation error
auCGprog((auPassPri) Glowmap Pass):VP:creation error

and a whole bunch more, until it finally said Game Cannot Initialize.

These are my system specs

P4 2.8Ghz HT
1GB PC3200
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Windows XP Professional SP1
Author Freeworld3Dhttp://www.freeworld3d.org
Quote:Original post by Aurora3D
We're hoping that Ver2.x will give us little guys the power to blow the big guys completely out of the water.

Yeah,all we need to do now is program some bots with the incredible artistic skills of the guys who work on UT or Doom3.
Thank you for your reply,

My apologies as well, we could definitely use some Radeon beta testers. It seems the Radeon has some issues with the nVidia Cg shaders. Now that you have brought it to my attention, an updated (fixed) demo should be available sometime tonight, or tomorrow morning.

Thank you again.

Quote:Original post by oconnellseanm
I tried running your demo but I got the following errors

auCGprog((auPassPri) Primary Pass):VP:creation error
auCGprog((auPassPri) Spotlight Pass):VP:creation error
auCGprog((auPassPri) Glowmap Pass):VP:creation error

and a whole bunch more, until it finally said Game Cannot Initialize.

These are my system specs

P4 2.8Ghz HT
1GB PC3200
Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB
Windows XP Professional SP1
I'm a Radeonite. Can I be a beta tester!? ;p
The Radeon friendly version of the Swamp demo is ready. We're adding a litte more external customizabilty (non cg stuff) to the rendering passes (alpha culling, depth buffer settings, etc.), so SDK will require a little more time before repackaging (probably this evening). If you are a Radeonite and want to play with the SDK immediatly, email feedback@aurora3d.com and we can send you the fixed version without the extras (asap).

Thanks for your patience.
I have an ATI All-in-wonder 9700 Series card.

When I run the demo I get:

auTexBuffer::pixelFormat(): unsupported pixel format.
auTexBuffer:Create(): initialization failure.
Game initialization failure.

Followed by great disappointment as I was looking forward to seeing the demo!!

Please let me know when you have an update ready.
Quote:Original post by Aurora3D
Thank you for your reply,

My apologies as well, we could definitely use some Radeon beta testers. It seems the Radeon has some issues with the nVidia Cg shaders.

You act shocked! :-)

Your engine looks really great, but I don't have the resources (or the experience) to do a 3D game so I stick to 2D :-)

Very cool though and I hope you find alot of success.

Well, there are a few problems with it:
1. The demo is VERY small. No one will buy it if they can't see a demo with a scene bigger than at least 100 meters.
2. The far plane is VERY close, maybe about 10 meters (very bad for a game).
3. It would be nice if there would be some interaction with the water (some small waves for example).
Other than that, it looks good, but I don't think anyone would buy it until you correct the first two points.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement