YES! YES! YES! YES!

Started by
23 comments, last by Daemon 23 years, 9 months ago
One more escapee...

...congratulations...

..so what _exactly_ did you tell them that you thought?

Advertisement
Well, removing the curses, I told them that the project they hired me for is a good one, but is doomed because:
A) The boss is incompetent and doesn't want to be bothered by silly little things as "Hey, we don't have a backup!"
B) The economist/mathematician thinks he's the god of computers, lord of databases, and high priest of all languages, and he will not tolerate people telling him not to touch Oracle (he screwed up the whole server once!)
C) When you have only 6 months left in a 2 years project, and nothing is ready, you don't start name calling and games of "I am more important than you"

and other things like that..

Kids, if you want a good tip, NEVER work for the governement.

-----------Érdely!
Yep, congrats.
I've got 5 days left until I can tell my current employers how screwed up they are. After that I get to do some real programming at a real company making real games!

I was too nice. I gave them 2 weeks notice. They would have had a heart attack if I had just slapped my resignation down and walked out.

Congrats!

Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development

Congrats!

Yup, quitting my constricting day-job to work on games is definitely one of the high points in my life. From the sounds of it you are having a similar experience.

-Geoff

I FIRED MYSELF!!!
YES! It felt SO good! I told the fat lazy bastards what I thought! I told them where to stick their Gantt charts and researches! I told them how to get enjoyment from a keyboard! And, lastly, I gave them my 3 minutes notice
And the best part is that I got a new job, in a software development company (no more consulting or state working), where I will be in a team to develop a commercial multi user game (yep, we have financial and corporate support, as well as a team of talented people), and I got a

50%

raise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
*cough* *cough*

Sorry for boasting myself, but I feel way too happy now!

-----------Érdely!
I think the high point of my life could have been strangling a couple of people around here, but then there would have been the low point of my life: electric chair.
So I settle for quitting and telling people to [insert very offensive verb(s) here].

[This message has been edited by Daemon (edited November 19, 1999).]

-----------Érdely!
Sounds like Dilbert gone wild...
------------------------------------------------------------I once won an award for "The most gratuitous use of the word 'Belgium' in a serious screenplay, but some white robots stole it from me.
Damn it Se...er Zontar! Quit messin with my head!

------------------------
Captured Reality
Daemon wrote
quote:
NEVER work for the goverment

I agree. I'm Civil Service in the UK with a MOD contractor for a year (nearly up ) and I can confer that I'v never met such a bunch of idiots. Today I attended a meeting where my boss's boss couldn't operate Powerpoint. This guy leads a department of around 700 people and gives meetings all the time so you'd think that mastering powerpoint would be high on the to-do list.

Congratulations on escaping.

Edited by - Twig Meister on July 19, 2000 9:20:30 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement