Palm Dev questions(business side of things)

Started by
7 comments, last by OME 23 years, 4 months ago
A friend of mine just recently bought one of the newer Palms, Palm VII or something like that and I fell in love with it. They are handy little things to have around and not really all that expensive. So being a programmer I decided why not develop for the Palm? So I have spent the last day or so dling and signing up over at palmos.com and reading everything on it(programmers guides, ect) and it looks quite intersting. Now how much does your typical Palm program sell for?? I have not looked into this myself yet but thought I would go ahead and ask here since I am always here I have also noticed that over at Xgamed.com they are getting into making small games and such for the Palm OS as well so my attention is definitaly grabbed and would just like some insite to what I have to(or not to) look forward too. Thanks OME
Advertisement
You can actually make a very good amount of money from this. Kyle Poole (www.kpoole.com) makes a living from writing Palm games (The most notable is Kyle''s Quest). Doing what you love and making good money...Sounds good

-Alex A.
Crystal Interactive Inc.
AlexA@crystal-interactive.com
www.crystal-interactive.com
You really are a good guy Alex Dont let the others tell ya different Thanks for your reply though...I am really into this..next on the agenda(although not for a while yet) will be looking into the ways Palm games/apps are published. Got a few ideas I am going to be working on as a learning process that hopefully I can turn into something real over the next short while

Thanks again
OME
Umm...I''m pretty sure that Ibuku is not Alex De Vries, the CEO of Crystal Interactive.

Martin
______________Martin EstevaolpSoftware
OME, could you ask your friend to download the ROM image and send it to me? I have software to download but there are no palms at hand and the registration time is around 2 weeks. Thanks.

bernie
www.bkgames.com
Right...
Im not Alex de Vries, but I am an employee of the company (Acquistions) who is into the Independant scene as well. Yet it is indeed strange we have the same first name!

-Alex A.
Crystal Interactive Inc.
AlexA@crystal-interactive.com
www.crystal-interactive.com
Actually barnatk I registered over at www.palmos.com and they approved me in a matter of hours and I had instant access to all the ROMS for every version of the Palm. I use the emulator though since he doesnt trust me to keep it..he might not get it back I am buying one next week though.

Later
OME
Hi OME. Since I live in Europe, I had to use snail mail. They said it takes 2 weeks. I have mailed the papers wednesday. So, I would grately appreciate it if you would send me the ROM images.

bernie
www.bkgames.com

Edited by - DavidRM on December 30, 2000 12:18:21 PM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement