Congrats to the new moderator

Started by
22 comments, last by Tornado 23 years, 6 months ago
Mr furby, i think it would be more appropriate for you to close threads, but not delete them. You should leave threads there, not just delete them when you''re done with them. Other people may not be, and if they pose no harm and do not break the rules of the forum, please consider this.
Advertisement
No, I close threads if it is turning into an argument. If a thread is no longer necessary, or it shouldn''t have been started in the first place like the two ''my vote'' threads (I deleted them too) I delete it. If you would like to recommend a thread for closure, please tell me.

------------------------------
#pragma twice

sharewaregames.20m.com

hmm... i agree if a thread shoudn''t have been started then delete it, but if its no longer necessary then i say let it stay.
oh oh! sounds like teething troubles...
----------"i think that all this talking and such is paining my head to astounding annoyance" - Erick"Quoting people in your tag is cool. Quoting yourself is even cooler" - SpazBoy_the_MiteyDisco Love For Everyone
I see you have already come upon some conflicts

Unfortunately this is something all moderator will have to deal with. On one hand they should try to keep the forum clean of unrelevant threads and on the other hand the readers of the forum sometimes wish to read these unrelevant threads. This goes all kinds of threads, be it flame-wars, voting threads, or just jokes.

It is impossible to please everyone, so you will just have to do what you think is best. However it''s never a bad idea to listen to what the readers say.

I would have to agree with the anon poster, deleting threads is a very drastic action. In this particular case, with the voting thread, it may have been better to just close it. Or, if you felt that it absolutely didn''t belong in this forum move it to for example the GDNet Lounge.

I don''t mean to critize you Robert. I am thankful that you wanted to take the job and I won''t interfere with how you do it. I just wanted to give my view on things.

For everyone interested in the vote, I believe the results where:

1. furby100 - 13
  2. Gladiator - 11
  3. Bully - 10
  4. acw83 and nes8bit - 1 (each)

(I''m not sure exactly of the numbers as I stopped counting when furby, Gladiator and Bully all had 9 votes each.)

But the vote didn''t really do a difference as I quickly saw that you all didn''t have a favorite, furby, Gladiator and Bully had almost equal number of votes. So I did some digging to find just how helpful each of the candidates had been in this forum previously, and within the last months furby100 was the one that excelled over the others. So he became my choice and Dave agreed with me.

- WitchLord

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

I wasn''t interested in the numbers everyone got. I wanted to see the thread in general and read what''s been going on since I''ve been busy, and basically that''s why I didn''t push on becoming a moderator after a the 5th vote or so.

To say the truth, now that furby has become a moderator, and the way things have been happening around here, I don''t like the idea that he was chosen, even though I voted myself for him if I weren''t voted for. Anyways, I simply mentioned to him that he had double posted so he can delete his second post, and he edited my message saying all kinds of bullshit. I don''t like that. I write something and don''t want anyone changing my own words, because they''re copyright(C) Gladiator. Got that furby? You also said something about being a moderator and that I shouldn''t mess with you? Who are you to say? Now I see how 14 year olds change their acting once they get on the top. Calm your ass down and listen to the people if you want to be a moderator for a long time.

That''s all I had to say.

/me doesn''t like furby anymore...

-------------------------------
I'll screw up whoever screws around with the gamedev forum!

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..
Gladiator, I did apologise to you, in the triangle normals thread. I did misinterpret you, but you have also misinterpreted me. Is there any way I can make it up to you?

#pragma twice

sharewaregames.20m.com

Maybe there is... but one thing you have to know is that in order to help out you have to critize, therefore finding the fault of things, which you don''t like to hear when it has to do with you... and why did you have to edit my message once again? I prefer to be banned or not come to this forum at all rather than have my massages being edited all the time by other people (read moderators).

Also, I did not misinterpret you. If you misinterpretted me that''s your own problem, you don''t have to blame it on me. I got everything straight since the beginning.

Peace...

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..
I edited your post again because it said [triple post actually].
You have misinterpreted me, I was not messing about you know.
Look, Gladiator, I am sorry and you have made me feel like an idiot (which I probably deserve). Is there any way I could make it up to you for my mistake?

#pragma twice

sharewaregames.20m.com

Let''s just forget about what has happened and if you could cut on deleting/closing threads that would help a lot. If you want to delete a thread, it''d be better if you close it. Delete threads when someone makes a double post. If a thread is not in the correct section don''t delete it, just move it to the appropriate one. I want to get together well but you have to listen to users more than your own opinion. I''m not saying that you don''t have to follow your own instincts, but listen to what other say too. 60% your opinion, and 40% people''s opinion. Try to make it fair for everyone. Oh, one last thing. Please don''t edit people''s posts.
Thanks!

..-=gLaDiAtOr=-..

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement