A new Mech MMORPG

Started by
17 comments, last by Iriathen 19 years, 2 months ago
I am the C++ programmer and i think i could help you.
I am currently working on a game engine project. Maybe we can make your game on our engine?

You can email me to aureemaz_gcm <at> yahoo <dot> com
Advertisement
Ok I sent you an email via yahoo that should tell you were to go.
It is good to see another MECH project out there. Ours is a combination of mech, space sim and fps. Good luck on your endevors.

Lead Designer Troy Gann
www.sledgehammerproductions.net

Troy Gann3d artist/Webmaster/SFXSpiderweb@Keywaves.com
Its not the only mech MMOG, Square Enix are developing one called Junk Metal, although I've not heard anything about it for a while. I wish you good luck, but you'll have to work hard to prevent your game from becoming another failed MMOG project.
Thanks for the luck. When we gotten things started i'll post again with a link or two.
A Mech RPG isn't all that new of an Idea. It is simply a logical step from Mechwarrior, Armored Core, and many other games. However, it can be argued that Armored Core has some RPG elements because you obtain parts, manage your AC, find hidden items, Progress through a storyline that splits depending on what you do, and go off on main/side quests. Mechwarriors is somewhat the same. EarthSiege 2 is along the same lines... manage a team of pilots, including buying/upgrading/obtaining parts, mechs, missions. I know there's some other games, but I cannot think of them.

In the end, good luck with you game, but please don't get too confindent in it's originality.
Quote:Original post by griffenmaster
A Mech RPG isn't all that new of an Idea. It is simply a logical step from Mechwarrior, Armored Core, and many other games. However, it can be argued that Armored Core has some RPG elements because you obtain parts, manage your AC, find hidden items, Progress through a storyline that splits depending on what you do, and go off on main/side quests. Mechwarriors is somewhat the same. EarthSiege 2 is along the same lines... manage a team of pilots, including buying/upgrading/obtaining parts, mechs, missions. I know there's some other games, but I cannot think of them.

In the end, good luck with you game, but please don't get too confindent in it's originality.
A mech RPG is a next step? It all began with a mech RPG called Battletech. If you want a videogame story game with mechs, then you have the Front Mission series.

Armored Core had no RPG elements because you did not play a role in the characters' development. Just like how none of the Final Fantasy series have role playing elements since no role is being played - merely progressing through a story with possible side stories.

I like games where you can build your characters' statistics and such, but don't call it a role playing game. Call it a story game or a strategy game, please. How about calling it a "Choose-your-own-adventure book in videogame form".

For a real analysis of what it would take to make an actual RPG videogame, look up some of bishop_pass's discussioons. He had a fairly recent one in the Lounge with Tron3k and some others. It was a good read, imo.
Hey, I'm sorry if I upset you with my comment, I get the feeling that you were a bit upset by what I've said. I am sorry you diagree, but my arguement holds. RPG (ROLE playing Game) Means that you take on a character's role as if you were he/she... any game that does that has at least ONE major RPG element right off the bat. Also, Stat building and the like is very much RPG, in fact, it is the main system of play; you cannot argue that.

Armored Core, along with ALL of the Final Fantasies, places you in the shoes of a character inwhich the game revolves around, including the all important storylines that drive RPGS and give them meaning. Please name ONE RPG that does not progress throught a main story? As a matter of fact, almost every game made progresses through a story.

I will call any game that allows you to increase stats and progress through an indepth story an RPG. I do not think bishop_pass will disagree with me... I feel like you are not thinking logically. Look at the past, and you will see that basic RPG elements include Stat building, Role playing (main character that the player becomes in order to progress through a storyline), and a storyline.

Armored Core places the player in the shoes of a Raven who is out to make a name for him or her self in a rich content-driven world. Stat building is present in the form of parts for your AC. Also, I think you are the only miss-guided person to ever doubt Final Fantasies as RPGs, considering they are the genre-defining games that drive the insperation for many new RPGS. Care to argue more?
Hi.
I am a 2D/3D artist and Modeler.
I have a 8year experience with applications like 3DS max, Photoshop, painter and many more.
If you are in need of my help, that is 3D Modeling and 2D Design contact me .

My email is info@3d-shots.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement