NeHe listen....

Started by
90 comments, last by RealityMonster 23 years, 5 months ago
It''s a great idea!!!

I was thinking about this a long time ago. Let''s create a new section with opengl tutorials that are written from coders with improved opengl skills for the veterans. So that we have 2 sections one for the newbies and one for the veterans !

So one problem would be solved! And you only have to put the good tuts on your site! Hopefully you will do this...

neuronal greetz to: rebel, sangria & jonas

trigger :: team elite

PS: this is a REPLY davepermen!!!!
http://trigger.xenyon.net/
Advertisement
Altough you all have interesting propositions NeHe doesnt seem to be involve in your talks about HIS web page

A similar thing could be created on gamedev or if NeHe is to busy why doesnt some of your create your own site and host it on gamedev ?

WHO DO THEY
THINK THEY'RE
FOOLING : YOU ?
WHO DO THEYTHINK THEY'REFOOLING : YOU ?
i could host on gamedev, when someone says, how. thats not the problem (on gamedev or not, whata hell, it just need to exists)

ok, when you want, i start coding tomorrow (today, ive to lot to do, sorry. i hope, it''ll be finished this week. when not, then surely next.

He guys, dont ask Nehe for doing it, you know how lot he has to do and how short of time he is without doing this, so, let him away. It''s better, when he could write the tutorials, cause they are needet anyways... and, let him do his CD, that''s best promotion of gamedev ever seen (such a nice disk)

while i dont have an account on gamedev, i code it on starcraft3d.net.. when it''s on, ill post it in here (in a new post), and onto the news at starcraft3d.net, too

letz create the biggest ressource for opengl ever seen

we wanna play, not watch the pictures

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

My Page davepermen.net | My Music on Bandcamp and on Soundcloud

I think it would be a great idea I think about it mostly as an alphabetical list of articles concerned with various topics.

It would be also nice if one could reply to an article
(if the autor makes a mistake for example)

Simplicity is gameplay
quote:Original post by mrbastard

not necessarily...theres already a forum, so if a few threads are started specificly for people to post this stuff they''ve learned it could be done. Anyone any idea how long posts here are archived here for? or a max size?

We have no plans of ever removing posts, and the max size is quite large. We should have an improved version of our search utility soon, making it easier to find pertinent info.

Btw, anyone interested in having us host a new site, feel free to contact Kevin Hawkins.
hm, nice to know..

If that's not the help you're after then you're going to have to explain the problem better than what you have. - joanusdmentia

Hi,
I once write an article for Nehe''s site. It can be found out at
-------
What I couldn''t find here on this site was a tutorial on how interaction of objects with mouse etc. is done in OpenGL. Well I think this is a very important aspect of OpenGL programming so I had to learn it somehow.
Now that I''m fully familiar with aspect of OpenGL I wanted to write something for Nehe''s web site.
So here it is! My very own tutorial for people who want exposure to this very concept of "Interactive graphics"! I don''t know if its 1/10th good enough as Nehe''s tutorials, but in case you find it worth it, please write a nice email to me!
I''ve also included a zip file that contains the the corresponding code in Visual C and Borland Delphi ( executables of both included).
I''ve fully tested this code in Microsoft Visual C++ 4.0 and Inprise Delphi 5.0 Enterprise.

I''ve tried to comment each and every line in the HTML document as well as in real code to make code the easy to understand.

http://www.sanchit.chaorg.com/Interactive_Graphic_Objects.html

Thanks,
Sanchit Bhatnagar.
India.
P.S>My site is no way concerned with OGL but i had to host the text somewhere?

Greetz from "THE CYANIDE!"
Admin: The Cyanide''s Layer
http://www.sanchit.8m.com/

Greetz from "THE CYANIDE!"Admin: The Cyanide''s Layerhttp://www.sanchit.8m.com/
tnx alot, but why dont you post this on an own threat.. there are perhaps more people clicking on it..

my ego is soaring

mebbe it could be something like an alphabetical topic list+something like a google web directory+with search capability?
also people shld be able to add new categories n stuff ..high level of interaction?
search shld be easy coz u can gt google etc to index just our site

thoughts...
hm, really? goggle does create search-engines for your site? thats cool.. ok, perhaps i could start today (i wanna sleep now, but.. perhaps..)

ok the thing is something like an alphabetical forum, where you could post your stuff. it''s sorted by categories, like
{
opengl
dx
{
ddraw
d3d
usw
}
math
render-algorithms

usw..
}

is this ok?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement