SDL main?

Started by
20 comments, last by dustydoodoo 19 years ago
I was just wondering what the arguments in the SDL main mean?, i dont ussually like using stuff i dont understand, and the main looks like this int main(int argc, char *argv[]) I know its a small thing but i would just like to know :)
Sure i will write my signature, just gimme a piece of paper
Advertisement
its just standart entry point for console program, you can find description of it in the MSDN, argc - number of input command line arguments, arv - arguments themselves
Whats an entry point? and a console program?
Oh wait, are "int argc, char *argv[]" arguments or parameters?
just check MSDN. i thought argument and parameter are synonyms. entry point is the part of the program from which it starts. console program .. well dunno how do describe it.. its just console program
Man will this ever stop!!? Whats a synonym!?, i looked it up on google, but i couldnt find anything! oh wait never mind, it a word with the same or near the same meaning of the another.
K, i got one more question, why does a SDL program need this in the main function? And why would these parameters be usefull? could someone tell me in simple words? lol, i dont have a very good vocabulary.
its not SDL. Every Windows program should have either WinMain or main functions which are entry points for executables.
whats an executable?
*.exe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement