Linker errors

Started by
2 comments, last by Rain Dog 19 years ago
Hi WitchLord - I was getting linker errors using AngelScript when linking with the static libs. I had to change the msvc6 project settings (I'm using .NET2003) like so: from: c/c++ -> code generation -> Runtime library -> Multi-threaded DLL to: c/c++ -> code generation -> Runtime library -> Multi-threaded Since the project produces a static lib and not a DLL anyway, will this make a difference? If not, would it be possible for you to change the settings to reflect this? Cheers Jim
Advertisement
Hi Jimfing,

By using multi-threaded DLL in your project your application will be quite a bit smaller since the standard C run time library won't be statically linked to it. Whether you feel this is an advantage or not is up to you.

Both the statically linked libraries and your main application has to be built using the same settings, otherwise conflicts may arise (as it did in your case).

I choose multi-threaded DLL by default because I feel it is better, but whatever I choose there will always be someone that prefers another setting. Unfortunately it's not possible to please everyone.

Regards,
Andreas

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

OK thanks for the good reply!
I've noticed that a lot of people are missing the msvcrt.dll required. That is the only reason i build w/ multi-thread instead of MTDll.

Otherwise, witchlord is right, you can remove a lot of the size of your executeable if you used MTDll

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement