• Create Account

gluPerspective (undefined reference???)

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 sab3156   Members   -  Reputation: 109

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

I am running opengl through Dev-C++. here is my linker output: ___________________ c:\programming\game\_main.o(.text+0x84):_main.cpp: undefined reference to `gluPerspective@32' ___________________ what is this about?? how can i fix this problem?

Sponsor:

#2 extralongpants   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 704

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:21 PM

I'm not totally familiar with dev-c++ compiler messages, but I'm pretty sure it just means you aren't linking your project to glu32.lib

#3 Drew_Benton   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 1713

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Quote:
Original post by odiousangel
I'm not totally familiar with dev-c++ compiler messages, but I'm pretty sure it just means you aren't linking your project to glu32.lib

Correct, to link in that .lib file to Dev-CPP you need to add in -lglu32 to the Linker Box in Project->Project Options->Parameters.

#4 kburkhart84   Members   -  Reputation: 1613

0Likes

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:57 PM

With visual c++, when you link something using the project options, it links it only for the application from within the IDE. To make it link the libs to the actual .exe, you need to put a precompiler message in there. But I could be wrong, this is how I understood it. It may or may not apply to your compiler/IDE(Dev C++).

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS