OpenGL GUI anyone? Updated on 11/17/05

Started by
206 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 17 years, 10 months ago
Ok i will admit i did not read all the posts in this thread but it did read few and did not see this posted anywhere.

Is this project LPGL, GPL? I want to modifiy the code and make my own interface so i can have it as an external library

On a side note -- It does compile with Visual Studio 2005 with some modifications to the project file.

[Edited by - BlueHabu on November 18, 2005 9:55:04 PM]
Advertisement
good work man!

i've a small question..how it's possible to determine if the user clicked on the gui or in the normal viewport? (excuse me if it's too n00b, but i've just now implemented your lib and here it's 03:00 AM :P )

[edit]
ok i've realized that this implementation works only if you're using glut, not with all the WinMain stuff.. There's something i can do? I really don't want to use glut in my project :D

[Edited by - b3rs3rk on November 19, 2005 3:02:24 AM]
This project is distributed under the zlib license

As for not using glut, you just have to write your own equivalent functions.
- relpats_eht
Quote:Original post by b3rs3rk
good work man!

i've a small question..how it's possible to determine if the user clicked on the gui or in the normal viewport? (excuse me if it's too n00b, but i've just now implemented your lib and here it's 03:00 AM :P )

[edit]
ok i've realized that this implementation works only if you're using glut, not with all the WinMain stuff.. There's something i can do? I really don't want to use glut in my project :D

To answer your first question, if a click on the GL canvas doesn't result into a message sent to the actionPerformed function, you know your GUI remains untouched.

Also Glut is not mandatory; I simply chose it because a lot of people are familiar with it. That and I didn't want to overdo things by adding my own window creation and user events management routines.
Check out my SXML Engine, it uses this same GUI package independantly from Glut.

First of all, my compliments to the coder. This looks greater than anyhthing else I have ever seen. Thanks for making it open-source.

>>> Now my newbie problems and questions.

[1] I'm trying to work with this, but I simply can't manage to do it. When I try to build the project it gives me stupid (at least for me) build errors
Quote:------ Build started: Project: SceneGraph, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
Main.cpp
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdlib(22) : error C2039: 'exit' : is not a member of 'operator``global namespace'''
d:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vc7\include\cstdlib(22) : error C2873: 'exit' : symbol cannot be used in a using-declaration
XMLUtils.cpp
.... and that error goes on and on for almost all the project files.

I understand that I will probably be missing something (probably very basic), but I can't figure what. Can anybody help me?
I'm building this on Visual C++ 7.1 with glut library, over win32.

[2] Where and how can I get the actual status of many menu options?
I understand that we are all asking for the moon and beyond, but some full tutorial would be wonderful.

[3] Is there any way to control the menus thru the keyboard, and not only by the mouse?

Hoping not to get boring, I will finish my post >here<
it's possible to add and remove (or at least, disable) items during run time?
Basically what i want to do is to add a button if in the game is avaiable a particular resource. is this possible?

i've tryed with this:
  GUIPanel newPanel;  newPanel.loadXMLSettings(&TiXmlElement("BarracksButton.xml"));  guiFrame.addWidget(&newPanel);

but crashes during the rendering :/
Quote:Original post by b3rs3rk
it's possible to add and remove (or at least, disable) items during run time?
Basically what i want to do is to add a button if in the game is avaiable a particular resource. is this possible?

You can make the widgets visible/invisble. I don't have the method name in my brain right now, but it's in there :)
works perfectly! i don't know why i didn't thought it before :D Simpler solutions are always out of sight :P
You need to allocate your widgets on the stack via the new operator, otherwise your application will most certainly crash =/
Like suggested you can use the visibility flag via setVisible(bool).
PS: Any screeshots? :D

just wait a day or two, i've exams at the university, there's quite no time to code :/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement