Debugging

Started by
2 comments, last by WitchLord 18 years, 5 months ago
Hello AngelScript the excellent tool which we use in our project. It has all advantages, and the main thing fast and qualitative support. But there was a necessity to expand its functionality. To add means of debugging in runtime for convenient testing of work and revealing of mistakes. Whether there is a similar sort an expansion to a script. If is not present, whether that its development in the near future is possible and that for this purpose is necessary.
Advertisement
The development on something like that I do not believe is very tough.

The script engine gives access to global variables, and I'm sure with some creativity you can walk the stack variables of the script engine.

It's built in mechanisms should allow a pretty easy creation of some sort of debugging environment. Most of this functionality can be placed in the LineCallback.
Hello

Yes we know about functionalities of a script and quite we can it
to develop, but probably already there is a similar addition to AngelSscript.

If dear author or someone from users will agree to develop convenient debugger, on what conditions.

Quote:Original post by Rain Dog
The development on something like that I do not believe is very tough.

The script engine gives access to global variables, and I'm sure with some creativity you can walk the stack variables of the script engine.

It's built in mechanisms should allow a pretty easy creation of some sort of debugging environment. Most of this functionality can be placed in the LineCallback.

I've received a contribution that makes it possible to examine the local stack variables during execution of the scripts. I will include this in the upcoming 2.5.0 version. It should make it easier to write a useful debugger.

AngelCode.com - game development and more - Reference DB - game developer references
AngelScript - free scripting library - BMFont - free bitmap font generator - Tower - free puzzle game

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement