Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Converting .lib to .a

Started by Sir Sapo Nov 24, 2005 at 8:58 PM 4 replies 19.3k views
Original Post
Sir Sapo
Sir Sapo
Hey everyone, I'm trying to get a library working, but it only came with a .lib and the a header, no source, so I can't compile it on my own. I'm working with dev C++, so the .lib wont work, which brings me to my question, does anyone know of any utilities that can convert a .lib to .a? Thanks in advance
My Current Project Angels 22 (4E5)
Stani R
Stani R
dlltool will probably work for this, have never used it though.

check this, especially at the bottom of the page
http://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/dll.html
c0uchm0nster
c0uchm0nster
I was under the impression mingw could now use .lib files as well as .a files. Was I misinformed?
Deranged
Deranged
Yes, before I switched to Code::Blocks and the VS2003 toolkit, I used lib files with Dev-C++'s implementation of MingW.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.