What's The Difference among DBZ games

Started by
12 comments, last by SiCrane 11 years, 8 months ago
OK. I need an actual answer or answers. What I don't need is a bunch of people ranting about how much they hate DB or DBZ anything similar to that. If that's your cup of tea, then start another thread about it. Now. What the hell is the difference between Super Dragon Ball, DBZ: Budokai and DBZ: Budokai Tenkaichi? Aside from sucking the money out of unsuspecting young children and their parents, there has to be a reasonable explanation... right?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Advertisement
No, there needs to be no other explanation. The DBZ money, like all movie/TV show tie-ins exist solely as a cash grab.
With love, AnonymousPosterChild
so you are saying there are no gameplay, controller mechanics, storyline, character lineup, or even graphical differences at all? i find that somewhat hard to believe. but i do agree part of the reason for the 3 differently titled games is horde cash from the masses.

Heres an idea promit, play the games and TELL ME OTHERWISE.

Jackass.

And no, Alpha_ProgDes, the gameplay differences are minimal at best. The most you get are some slightly different control maps. Sometimes you get a slight graphical update.

--edit--

Hell, its not just DBZ games, take a look at the 24 game, the CSI games, EVERY movie tie-in game. Hell, I'm pretty sure almost all movie games are based around the same generic platformer engine.
<completely offtopic reason="I'm the OP, damnit!">I'm hoping Promit deleted his post and you're not just arguing with the imaginary Promit</completely offtopic>

Judging from the commercials, they take place at different points in the story (or cover different portions of the story; there's probably some overlap).
---New infokeeps brain running;must gas up!
Quote:Original post by Flarelocke
Judging from the commercials, they take place at different points in the story (or cover different portions of the story; there's probably some overlap).

Thats true, occasionally new characters show up and shout for really long times, then fight.

Now, I suppose SOMEWHERE SOMEBODY thinks this is innovative, but this is probably the same guy who decided to greelight the last 15 megaman games.
Super Dragon ball Z is fast, simple, and fun. Its a wildly popular arcade game in Japan and came to the states on the PS2. Think Street Fighter with Dragon ball characters.

Budokai is more like the series than Super DBZ. More characters. Flashy finishing moves. A little more of the story was actually added with every release of this series.

Tenkaichi(Sparkling in Japan >_>) brings it up a notch. The most like the anime in terms of game play. Fully roamable and destructable 3D environments. Not as fast as the other two but it sure is a lot of fun. Tenkaichi includes the entire series stories and then some.
There are some differences in Budaki 1 and 2 you played on a gameboard sort of like monoply. That was the boring part IMO. Then in Budaki 3 you could fly around and you had an open game were you could explore and it was not a gameboard and more like an adventure game. The battles have not changed that much in the Budaki's. Basicly you pull off combos to do your ki attacks and you punch, block, kick, teleport. That has not changed that much. There are different levels in each of the Budaki's. The charecters also change. They get new moves and old moves are you can't move and there are new unlockables. The storyline sort of sticks to the TV show and the movies. I haven't played sagas or tenckaichi. I did play the one for the psp and the fighting part was great for the psp but to move threw out the game you just had to click next fight and that was it.
:)/$/
they get worse each one comes out.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement