Mountain Tycoon - Looking for Lead Programmer and programmers/artists

Started by
0 comments, last by lpcrawling 17 years, 8 months ago
Team name: Everest Games Project name: Mountain Tycoon Brief description: Build, run and ski / snowboard on your very own ski mountain. Compete and ski with hundreds of other skiers and snowboards online. Build: ski runs, lifts, lodges to terrain parks and half pipes. The game includes a mission storyline which begins in 1950 and goes to the present as well as a sandbox mode. Help build a real life ski area using in game tools. The game, as previously mentioned, also has a MMOG like online multiplayer planned. See Test Drive Unlimited (Game being published by Atari)for example. The project has been in development for 4 years by 1-3 people and recently development has stopped. I hope to rebuild a whole new team and restart development on this truly amazing game and prove that something like this can be made by volunteers and that it can be one of the biggest, best, games ever! I will not make a bad game and I am striving for a AAA title! I have experience in the industry (see Additional Info) and bring that to this title. We are all volunteers doing this in our spare time and it is possible! This game will be seen by all and involvement in this project will be a valuable resource if it does indeed go big and is published by a publisher if we can make it good enough to get it to the point of a good tech demo(HIGH POSSIBILITY). I am all about learning new things, teaching others what I know, managing a successful organized team and above all HAVING FUN! At this point my goal is to get the game to Tech Demo stage where we have somthing to show. Currently you can build a few buildings, play sound, and move around in the terrain and also watch the Dynamic Snow engine melt the snow in the game (something no other game has). Send me an email at mountaintycoon@gmail.com for more info! Target aim: The target release date for the game is Holiday 07. We would like to release the game in stores and have it published by a major game publisher. I have experience working the game industry in both Product Development as well as a large amount of time in Marketing and Web. I have "worn both caps" and bring that experience to the table want to make this amazing game and teach others what I know along the way. My AIM is also to see if we a community such as this one can truly build a AAA or close to a AAA title. I'm doing this for the love of making games as well as an experiment to see how good of a game we can make as a community. Compensation: The project is solely composed of volunteers. We all work together as a team and we do it to gain experience, build a resume, learn new things, get credit in a potentially published game, and most of all HAVE FUN MAKING THE GAMES WE LOVE THE WAY WE WANT THEM! If the game is published by a publisher then YES we would want to somehow compensate the team and this would be discussed as we got closer to that point. The more work you do the higher the compensation would be. Right now we are all volunters, as with any game project similar to this one. Who knows we might even someday start a real dev studio and some team members might have the oppurtunity to join. But of course in order to get to this point we have to work hard. Technology: Target System: PC, MAC, and LINUX first (being programmed simultaneously), with potential for consols later Programming: C++ OpenGL Visual Studio IronRaph 3D Engine (designed by original programmer on game) Art: 3DS Max 6 or greater Maya (hoping to expand to be able to work in Maya and other programs) Talent needed: LEAD PROGRAMMER Programmers Artists Concept Artists Team structure: There is me as project lead. Then there is 1 artist and also we have the original programmer as a consultant. I am also trying to get in contact with other programmers and see if they can help. We also have 1 programmer that is also a consultant because he developed our sound engine. Website: http://www.mountain-tycoon.com (Forum ONLY at the moment, we want to make a site) Contacts: Email: mountaintycoon@gmail.com MSN: rysi3@msn.com Additional Info: I will close by saying that I do have industry experience (I work at a major video game Publisher right now) and the team I currently have involved brings so much knowledge to the table that I know we will be successful and have a lot of FUN doing! We are all passionate about the game and really just want an AMAZING game unlike any other which why we are all involved in the project. I would say that that game is about 40% done and I want to restart development on it, with a new team, from where we left off. Here are some shots from the game: This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Shot Tag designed by Mattlab.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Shot Tag designed by Mattlab.  Click to view the full version This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Shot Tag designed by Mattlab.  Click to view the full version LATEST SCREENSHOT TAKEN TODAY: This Image Was Automatically Resized by using the Shot Tag designed by Mattlba. Click to view the full version of the image. This game and everything associated including but not limited to screenshots, ideas, content, code, images, art, are all copyrighted - 2006. Feedback: ENCOURAGING ONLY
Check out the game I am working on http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=342254
Advertisement
Email sent.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement