New Tutorials!

Started by
40 comments, last by SD 23 years, 1 month ago
How about a tutorial on using NVIDIA specific extensions like hardware T&L or pixel shaders. I know it''d be to a limited audience, but hey, that''d be pretty cool.

--Buzzy
Advertisement
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
A simple turorial on Camera control would be nice

i second that. like all those cool scene demos, making the camera movements all smooth and fluid.

thuned

life is unfair, take advantage of it.
UNMB2 - if the link doesn''t work, try clicking it
life is unfair, take advantage of it.UNMB2 - if the link doesn't work, try clicking it :)
I know someone wanted a simple map editor for lesson 10. If there was a tutorial to make this that would be great.

Camara control would be good too.

Luke

Lukerd@yahoo.com
"To err is human, to really mess up requires a computer"
quote:Original post by Cobra
I really don''t want to use their model format too otherwise it''d actually be a q3 clone ( and YES, mine DOES look as good as q3 hehehhe ).

The MD2 format is fairly easy to load and display, and theres a few nice editors for it around. Also, loading the same data formats does not make it a Quake3 clone, just slightly compatible.
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
I would love to see how to load a 3DS file, textures and everything.

I would also like to see something on how to do billboarding. I would like to use it for some trees.If anyone happens to have some sample code, etc for this please pass it on. Thanks.

Marcus

Okay lets do a quick recap..
1)Map viewing/loading/editing
2)Selection
3)Camera Moving
4)Model Loading
5)A Killer engine
6)Specific Extensions

Keep the list going, lots of these sound pretty interesting

S.D.

Forgot to say that i'll keep taking ideas until the end of the week before i choose, i will make smaller mini tutorials for the others or something like that

Edited by - SD on February 28, 2001 2:56:16 PM
S.D.
A simple tut explaining various geometry culling methods would be very usefull. e.g. what are the good/bad points of BSP/quadtree/octree/portal-cell and how do you implement them?
[size="1"]
personally i just need a simple tutorial on how to make my own lights, as in spot lights, but not those opengl ones, the type that you physiccly see like this: (hopes html pre werks)
   box   /   \  /     \ /       \/         \

that would be cool.

and maybe some camera control, i was trying to use the mouse to move the camera around my object (but still keep it focused on my object) i was prolly going about it all wrong

red@deadpenguin.org
www.deadpenguin.org
__________________graham "red" reeves.[email=red@deadpenguin.org]red@deadpenguin.org[/email]www.deadpenguin.org
Hi SD! ive been building a OpenGL engine for a while now and i am just starting to write Skeletal Animation!
but i was thinking that if i had help perhaps we (all ppl on NeHe) could make a engine!
so all of us that go 2 nehe help in little ways!
cause then all of us would get what we wanted!

just an idea!
email me if :
1) you think this is a good idea
2) know anything about Skeletal Animation!

MAIL: mja_today@hotmail.com

same goes for ICQ:
thanks
mja
Ey...Ive got an idea!!! Everybody here are good at different things...some are newbies and some are gurus(maby =) )
What about starting a project together??!! We set up some goals to create a killer engine and then start working on these goals together??!!!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement