Book Of DM139 Chapter 2: I see dead people

Started by
13 comments, last by DarkMage139 23 years, 1 month ago
a) burry them so that the corpse''s friends dont find your DNA around and call the cops
b) after you burry them, pray so you dont become cursed, (depending on your religion/race and the corpse''s religion/race), or to appeal the corpse''s deity
c) in England a long time ago they used to forgive some crimes if the criminal could produce one hundred wolf tongues
d) the body of a sorceror should still have great power. You should be in a lot of danger just being around, let alone cutting stuff from the wizard. Ethereal creatures should keep coming at you if you dare such mindless desecration (hear voices, arrows flying at you outta nowhere, some magic creatures attacking you for no reason, wizard PC''s being able to see and talk with the creatures hounting you and FIND OUT YOU DID IT and fax your picture to the magik guild ). Finding the remains of a sorceror should enable some cool Necromancer spells, talking to the dead and getting info only available on the other side (rember Conan movie or the Myth story, both dealing with heads), or perhaps getting some quests (vengeance) before the dead sorcerer agrees to help you
e) hanged bodies rotting, slowly balancing in the wind, with a bit of squeak sound from the wood above would make outlaw PC''s a lot cooler (along with the possibility of getting hanged, i.e. if you don''t do a) )
f) have the NPC''s burry/burn/whatever ritual they may have their dead. If you don''t make them mourn / swear vengeance, at least have them wear black clothes. And ring the bells.
g) use bodies for hunt, as bait.
h) oysters have a pearl inside; some birds like to swallow everything that shines;
i) a Necromancer should be able most of the time to find out who the killer was
j) i''d like a more complex flesh golem creation engine. Add head from one creature, legs from another, etc. and animate. The resulting creature should inherit different abilities from the organ doners.
k) rotten corpses can give you diseases just from coming near them. That''s why when the Black Death came around they catapulted the dead over the city walls during a siege.
Advertisement
Curious.

I haven''t heard much mention of ramifications: Getting branded as a cannibal. Physical and psychological disgust. Banishment / imprisonment. In games we are machines, and these mechanisms often don''t exist-- especially not the psychological ones that would make them possible.

Merrily doing monstrous things should make you a monster ("fava beans,anyone?"). This in turn makes it easier to do monstrous things, and makes you a heck of a lot of enemies (FBI, Interpol, King''s Elite Guard)

It would be nice if a game would responded to such tastelessness. Otherwise, it seems to tacitly approve.

--------------------
Just waiting for the mothership...
--------------------Just waiting for the mothership...
Wavinator :

Well, in Angband & its variants, you get rated on your actions:

You are a champion of Honour (61).
You are the living embodiment of Vitality (125).
You are a champion of Unlife (70).
You are a champion of Temperance (76).
You are very virtuous in Justice (47).
You are very virtuous in Valour (49).
You are the living embodiment of Sacrifice (125).
You are very virtuous in Harmony (58).

In Crawl, depending on your religion, you can anger your God by doing things He doesn''t like. Angry Gods have been known to smite people from time to time ...
Aw, no. Consequences are good but then who´d eat the dead if everyone hates you for it.

Sometimes (especially in this case) you have to let people be nasty. Sure, make them hated by some, but in turn respected by others.

For example, if your character is known to be a cannibal then some (the "nice") people would steer clear of you, but they´d also fear you. And then in the shadier strata of society such a thing might just be the edge one needs.... cannibalism makes for a mighty reputation.
that last post was me

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement