Describe your game in 100 words

Started by
19 comments, last by zedz 17 years, 2 months ago
Hi, I have recently been charged with describing my game in 100 words. I am quite unsure of how to go about it and would appreciate help from people here. Plus this might be fun and get some creative juices flowing. So please, let loose. If you dont want to disclose your game could you please give me some tips. What should i start with? Should i detail story, characters and items? My game isnt ground breaking but I think it will do some things better. I want to make sound hip and happening. Thanks
Advertisement
Age of Empires meets Pirates... in space!
100 words is a lot if you compact your sentences. I would start off with describing the hip parts of the game.

Heres a description for my RPG (50 words):

3D tile based RPG. Man from future seeks entropy solution, quests for lost magic in past: time stream accident, personae splits (half with amnesia). Battles with self! Voice acting all by me. Battle mode like grandia. Made with OpenGL, SDL, OpenAL, C; also cross platform. Anime style. Popular fashion: scarfs.
25 words, I'll add 75 more when I think of them - but when you run atext based world, sometimes being short and to the point is a benefit.

Text based multiplayer RPG with a persistent world. Adventure through a Tolkien-inspired world, gaining fame, power and wealth. Limited PvP is optional, roleplaying is encouraged.
100 words should be far too many. If you can't describe your core concept in a sentence then you don't really know what your game is (or what's special about it).
Dan Marchant - Business Development Consultant
www.obscure.co.uk
Quote:Original post by Obscure
100 words should be far too many. If you can't describe your core concept in a sentence then you don't really know what your game is (or what's special about it).

thats a bit harsh. It could be that I have terrible english abilities and suck at putting my thoughts on paper.
3d Science-fiction FPS RPG , with a multi-layered dynamic health system, where you can create your own weapons, cast psionic powers, explore multiple planets, trade resources, kill monsters, and generally try to save the galaxy from an emergent threat.
The sentence below is true.The sentence above is false.And by the way, this sentence only exists when you are reading it.
An entertaining masterpiece that involves picking a number, discovering whether it is too high or low, and repetive refinement until glory is secured.
[s]I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.[/s]I am a signature anti-virus. Please use me to remove your signature virus.
Quote:Original post by Thermodynamics
An entertaining masterpiece that involves picking a number, discovering whether it is too high or low, and repetive refinement until glory is secured.

Ooh! Branching, multilinear gameplay!
Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. Fast, classic-style, story-driven platformer. And it is awesome.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement