Pitch document versus game design document.

Started by
0 comments, last by Zakwayda 17 years, 1 month ago
I am not sure where to post this thread but I did it here anyway since my question is more beginner level than anything else. I am looking for some advise regarding writing a good pitch document of a game that can be used to convince publishers to provide funding for the game. Namely books, articles, examples of existing pitch or game design documents that works! But I am new to this, so I am not certain if a pitch document is the same as a game design document. The articles found in the Articles and Resources section -> Game Design -> General Game Design -> Design Documents are very insightful and informative as well. However, a doubt is casted upon me as I see the articles dated up till 2003. Are those information still valid and feasible. The game industry changes rapidly as we know it, the expectations from a pitch or game design document may have been changed. If there anyone who has some light to shed on this? Thank you.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Zerox Millienium
I am not sure where to post this thread but I did it here anyway since my question is more beginner level than anything else.

I am looking for some advise regarding writing a good pitch document of a game that can be used to convince publishers to provide funding for the game. Namely books, articles, examples of existing pitch or game design documents that works!

But I am new to this, so I am not certain if a pitch document is the same as a game design document. The articles found in the Articles and Resources section -> Game Design -> General Game Design -> Design Documents are very insightful and informative as well. However, a doubt is casted upon me as I see the articles dated up till 2003. Are those information still valid and feasible. The game industry changes rapidly as we know it, the expectations from a pitch or game design document may have been changed. If there anyone who has some light to shed on this? Thank you.
I just posted the following links in response to another post:

Selling Game Ideas
Sloperama FAQ

I think they might be relevant to your question as well.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement