wiimote driver on wm5

Started by
0 comments, last by outRider 16 years, 11 months ago
Hello, I bought an axim x51v a while ago but haven't touched it in quite some time. I tried playing nes games on it and they ran beautifully. The problem was always controls. I recently got the idea to try and write a driver for a wiimote since it would be perfect for nes games, as well as its bluetooth and my axim has bluetooth capabilities. I know there are bluetooth controllers for the axim so there must be some way to do it. I'm no stranger to software development. I started off in embedded systems, worked for a while doing j2me developement for mobile games. Eventually moved on to bigger better game companies. All I'm looking for is some links to resources, as well as info on if anyone else has already written one. Also once I'm finished would this be an interesting thing for anyone else?
Advertisement
On desktop Windows you would use CreateFile() and friends to open a handle to the Bluetooth comm port, on Windows Mobile you use the Bluetooth API for WM5 or WM2003SE. The Wiimote is a HID device, so you can look up the specifications on how to communicate with HID devices and that's all there is to it. HID devices communicate using reports, and support enumeration, here is some Wiimote specific info. You can check out libwiimote on Linux or an open source Windows library if you need more info on interpretting the data.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement